What are you binge watching right now?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Eravial

Re: What are you binge watching right now?

Post by Eravial » Tue Nov 15, 21:26 2016

I binge watched a season and a half of Rick and Morty as post-election self care last week.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Tue Nov 15, 21:57 2016

Buffy... again.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Nov 15, 22:26 2016

Auralnauts videos. I find parody soothing right now, even when it's fairly immature. They have long, sustained parodies of Star Wars Episodes 1-4, with 5 hitting soon. This video is my current repeat: Full Body Copper System.

iamthegate

Post by iamthegate » Wed Nov 16, 1:41 2016

Gilmore Girls <3

Preparing for the new episodes.

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Wed Nov 16, 18:36 2016

My partner and I have started watching Jane the Virgin. It's funny because at first he was like "eh, maybe you should watch it without me" and then another two or three episodes and now he's super-into it.

Neko

Post by Neko » Fri Nov 25, 19:53 2016

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:I really liked Stranger Things, I am excited for the next season.
Just binged this over Foodsgiving. I kept screwing up on my crochet while it was playing because of the way it sucked me in at times. I dig the soundtrack.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Tue Nov 29, 16:27 2016

I just binged the new Gilmore Girls and it was awesome.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Bork

Post by Bork » Wed Nov 30, 17:17 2016

Star Trek Voyager!!
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Neko

Post by Neko » Thu Jan 19, 22:46 2017

Midsomer Murders. There's 18 seasons on Netflix...
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Sat Jan 21, 3:15 2017

The 80s Ninja Turtles. Finally finished completing my DVD set of it. I randomly walked into a store that was having a closeout sale and the last seasons I needed were there. Not sure if I'll make it to the end though. Whenever I binge watch this show, I get pretty sick of it around season 3.

Other than that, I watched all of season 6 of the Venture Bros tonight.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Sat Feb 11, 14:33 2017

Riverdale is surprisingly good. I wouldn't say binge watching because there are only about 3 episodes so far though. If you enjoyed the original archie comics as a kid (which I did, I would scour garage sales for them) and you'd like to see that American dream suburban ideal get a little dark and diverse and also don't mind a little cw style drama and a healthy dose of well done female friendship (definitely a thing I think is missing in our media) then this is the show for you.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Medea

Post by Medea » Sun Feb 12, 8:32 2017

"Secret Army" is a BBC drama series from the eighties. It's about the Belgian Resistance during World War II. "Allo Allo" was a parody on this. It's also with a bartender/restaurant holder (Albert) organizing an escape line for RAF pilots. Kessler is the Gestapo officer trying to stop them. Women play an important role in this escape line. Monique and Natalie work as a waitress in the Candide, Albert's restaurant, while secretly accompanying pilots to safe houses and performing other dangerous missions. When Albert is in prison based on a false accusation Monique has to stand in for him and make the decisions. In spite of organizing the escape line many Belgians think they are collaborators, which gives them new problems near the end of the war.

I'm watching three episodes a day of this. I find myself heavily sympathizing with the characters - even with the bad ones.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Wed Feb 22, 7:14 2017

Trollhunters

It's a cartoon series on Netflix that is from Guillermo Del Toro. This is a world in which trolls do exist but only a certain group are bad. A magical amulet chooses a good troll to protect both trolls and humans. The issue? After the previous trollhunter is felled, it chooses a human, which has never happened before. What's worse is he's a teenager who must now lead a double life.

It's a pretty good series, though there is still the occasional fart joke or kick to the groin seen in so many kids' shows (they're very rare though). Still, it respects the audience and really takes its time with the story. It's also one of Anton Yelchin's last prpjects. Definitely worth checking out.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Thu Feb 23, 7:25 2017

I watched that and was surprised by how sad I was when I reached the end.