Roseanne Reboot: now they're Trumpists

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Plotthickens

Roseanne Reboot: now they're Trumpists

Post by Plotthickens » Tue Jan 9, 9:36 2018

https://jezebel.com/roseanne-confirms-w ... socialflow
“In The Rosanne Show, I’ve always tried to have it be a true reflection of the society we live in. I feel like half the people voted for Trump and half didn’t, so it’s just realistic,” she said, adding that she’s tried to make the show a realistic portrayal of the working class, in particular.

“And, in fact, it was working-class people who elected Trump, so I felt like that was very real and something that needed to be discussed and especially about polarization in the family and people actually hating other people for the way they voted, which I feel is not American.”
None of that is true, but I want to know: why do the 30% of the US who still support Trump want to have their support explored and discussed? Do they feel like if they talk this to death even more, keep beating this dead and decaying horse, someone will go "Oh well now I suddenly change my mind!" The more we find out about Trump the worse it all gets. Why do these people want to dig a DEEPER hole?
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

Sonic#

Re: Roseanne Reboot: now they're Trumpists

Post by Sonic# » Tue Jan 9, 10:51 2018

Working class white people, if we want to be more precise, and even then not all of them. Saying the "working class" as if they all vote the same way is a particular nitpick of mine.

Roseanne's politics are a disappointment. That said, I'll have to wait and see if the show actually grapples the "polarization in the family" that it describes.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue Jan 9, 10:53 2018

I think me souring on characters I once like because I end up concluding they're kind of bigoted assholes deep down would accurately reflect reality...

WHO's playing Becky????
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Tue Jan 9, 13:40 2018

Sonic# wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 10:51 2018
Working class white people, if we want to be more precise, and even then not all of them. Saying the "working class" as if they all vote the same way is a particular nitpick of mine.
https://jezebel.com/roseanne-confirms-w ... socialflow

Did working class people elect Trump? No. Most of his base was affluent white people, much like Roseanne Barr is an affluent white person at this point in her life. We shall see if that reality is addressed in the series.
Using this show to stump may indicate a poor grasp of their audiences' demographics.

Becky is played by... whoever that is in the picture in the article, I guess.
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Tue Jan 9, 20:52 2018

Many people only voted for Trump cos his opponent was the one politician less popular and more reviled than him.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Sat Feb 17, 12:57 2018

Roseanne is so rich now and has some confused misogyny going on her Twitter occasionally. She tweets about "MK Ultra programmed sex kittens." lmao. She's creepy and hateable.
:gf: :devil: :syringe: