At Awesome Con

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Unvoiced_Apollo

At Awesome Con

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat Apr 27, 5:23 2019

So at Awesome Con and I totally blame my girlfriend for getting me into autograph collecting.

I dropped a significant chunk of change but it's been great meeting some pretty cool celebrities.

I met Wallace Shawn, Chris Sarandon, Susan Egan (I know her best as Megara from Hercules), and Weird Al Yankovic.

Susan Egan was I think my most memorable but they were all pretty nice.

I'll be meeting Amy Jo Johnson, Wil Wheaton, & Cary Elwes tomorrow

Bork

Re: At Awesome Con

Post by Bork » Mon Apr 29, 20:11 2019

Amy Jo Johnson!!!! Ahhhhhh she seems so amazing! What was she like in person?
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: At Awesome Con

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri May 3, 5:33 2019

She was nice enough. Of course I'm an introvert who tends to keep small talk to a minimum and move on so others can get their time with her. More extroverted people may have more memorable interactions but everyone I met, including her, were very cool.

Wil Wheaton was my favorite for the second day of autographs. He was genuinely excited to meet people and he gets excitable when something gets his attention. My girlfriend and I had a photo OP with him and it was great. He has legendary dice curse and we asked him to sign and curse a set of dice.

Something I have learned is to get autographs personalized. Celebrities appreciate being able to add that personal touch and they won't think you're just going to turn around and sell them on Ebay or the like (plus there are ways to remove the personalizations later). I had better interactions from celebrities I got personalized autographs from than those I didn't. With the exception of Wallace Shawn. Wallace Shawn was really nice too.