Letters to a Young Feminist by Dr. Phyllis C-----

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

Gealach

Letters to a Young Feminist by Dr. Phyllis C-----

Post by Gealach » Sun Mar 9, 0:21 2003

okay...this is a great book...i think...i'm only halfway through it but i love it! and i cant remember the author's last name...but i'll get it here soon! and man i love it...it's from a Second Wave femininst's (so she calls herself) point of view on advice for feminists today. she was active in the 60's-70's...her mother and all the women around her were very concevitive and she still got through w/o ne roll models...it gives helpful advice about how we shouldn't look at anti-feminists as completely different in everything...it's great...it also gives a bit of the history of feminism...telling of some internal problems they faced and how to overcome them now....a must read!
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." - Lloyd in Say Anything

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Sun Mar 9, 8:13 2003

That does sound interesting... I will check it out!

Gealach

Post by Gealach » Sun Mar 9, 15:26 2003

at least one person thinks it's interesting!! :)
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." - Lloyd in Say Anything

A.K.A. Z

Post by A.K.A. Z » Sun Mar 9, 17:34 2003

Not really my type of reading, sorry G.
"The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us." Foucault

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Sun Mar 9, 18:59 2003

Phyllis Chesler. And here, click the link to buy it and help out the msfoundation at the same time...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ndation-20

(must get the spacefem.com book page up! maybe next weekend)

Gealach

Post by Gealach » Wed Mar 12, 21:20 2003

READ THE BOOK! NOW! I COMAND U!

just wanted to put this back on the top of the forum....

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Thu Mar 13, 8:41 2003

spacefem wrote:Phyllis Chesler. And here, click the link to buy it and help out the msfoundation at the same time...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ndation-20

(must get the spacefem.com book page up! maybe next weekend)
I read Chessler's "On Women and Madness"...excellent. I shall have to grab this one while I do my online library thing. Oh, yeah...the author of "The Women's Room", Marilyn French, has one out that I'm reading..."Mother's and Daughters"...so far, it's pretty good.
sans...
~~"To be penitent is to be almost innocent"...Seneca
Do not start with me...you will not win.