The more accomplished the female character, the more violent the response.

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

Pikachu

The more accomplished the female character, the more violent the response.

Post by Pikachu » Fri Aug 4, 20:23 2017

I've noticed a disturbing trend of dudes reacting to female characters who get pushed and put over, by creating very violent scenarios. The stuff I have heard before. These include ripping their breasts off, grabbing them by the breasts and hurling them into rocks, cutting their heads off, dismemberment, and so on. It's treated as a joke as well. You see it all the time with critics of so called Mary Sue characters as well. It's as if they're so used to seeing female characters be crapped on in fiction that when the opposite happens, they have to create the scenario they expect in their mind and communicate it with the world in order for everything to seem right with the world.

Jackninja5

Re: The more accomplished the female character, the more violent the response.

Post by Jackninja5 » Sat Sep 16, 1:47 2017

Not only is it incredibly sexist, but it's also becoming quite cliched and boring. Even if I was sexist, I'd still say that.
That's why we won't back down
We won't run and hide
'Cause these are the things we can't deny
I'm passing over you like a satellite
So catch me if I fall
That's why you stick to your game plans and party lives
But at night we're conspiring by candlelight
We are the orphans of the American dreams
Oh shine your light on me

Aum

Post by Aum » Sat Sep 16, 6:52 2017

Could you give some examples?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Sun Sep 17, 6:47 2017

I don't really want to link the sources, but this is an actual quote:

From Writing Forums.org:
Well unless her clothing is invincible, you could show that there is some realism.
It can be used against them as it is a grab-able thing that they can be tossed around
by, so pull all the stops out and make it as gritty and nasty as you seem to want to
portray it. Hell you even show how much they don't care by using her breasts against
her, by thrashing her around by them.g. Get freaking gruesome and
have one of these horrible beings actually tear them off. It would definitely
be one hell of a twist, that no one would see coming.
From Kanzenshuu, about Dragonball Super, a childrens show:
It would be nice if Frieza could cut off Caulifla's head to make Kale angry and then, kill Kale as well by ripping her heart off. That would be a cool scene. :lol:
If Freeza does get to romp about tearing the U6 Saiyans limb from proverbially bloody limb then it will have been facilitated in-part by Jiren's lack of attentiveness.

Freeza being sadistic is where Nakao's performance shines the most. So seeing him torture and curb stomp the U6 Saiyans would be the ultimate form of fan service for me

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Mon Sep 18, 17:52 2017

This is probably a stupid reason to dislike the above paragraph.. but breasts are super hard to get a grip on. This is terrible writing. It's like the person who wrote this never met a boob.

Also this is explicitly violent against the character's femininity. I'd agree that it's violence as an attempt to control something people find threatening. Pretty messed up, but I wouldn't say new.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Tue Oct 3, 13:09 2017

where did you hear abt this?
there are mary sues in male characters also. now i feel like googling them.
:gf: :devil: :syringe: