Holy mother of space-x launches, batman!

Moderators: rowan, Eravial

Mordak

Holy mother of space-x launches, batman!

Post by Mordak » Fri Feb 9, 14:53 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c <----- 35 minute long space-x channel launch live stream :rainbowsmile:

There's a caaaar man, driving in the sky! Hell of an idea for a payload test hey? I can imagine Elon Musk is still running around his patch of the woods with the most massive nerd boner humanity has ever seen. I thought it was awesome how everything just synced so well and went according to plan (dat fuel booster landing omg), even if the core was lost/found/scuttled.

You guys geeking out as well? It's more than a small step for man- it's an amazing leap forward in time! We're starting to catch up to our dreams. Although he totally should have had four mannequins, wearing different coloured turtle necks and singing "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga" instead of Bowie. I don't know what you guys thought of Bowie but I liked the music, not the man.

Same as spacefem asked before- did anyone here see it or watch it live? I don't get much tech out here in nowhere land, just the old school crappy satellite dish that has a million versions of the same. fucking. channels ;)
Last edited by Mordak on Sun Feb 11, 11:04 2018, edited 1 time in total.
:australia: :b2: :b3: :b4: :b1:

Bork

Re: Holy mother of space-x launches, batman!

Post by Bork » Sat Feb 10, 20:05 2018

Streamed it live! It was so awesome - I thought the dual landing was even cooler than the launch itself. I'm surprised that it worked so well, considering this was their first launch and everything.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Sun Feb 11, 11:05 2018

I'm watching the livestream video now! Aaaaaagh its so good. The energy all these guys (massive edit: AND WOMEN. ESPECIALLY the women) have is awesome.
Last edited by Mordak on Mon Feb 12, 1:08 2018, edited 1 time in total.

rowan

Post by rowan » Sun Feb 11, 12:18 2018

"all these guys"

yeah.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Mon Feb 12, 1:07 2018

Sorry rowan! I meant it to be an inclusive "guys".

Space-x is all shiny and new and getting all the publicity lately but they wouldn't have gotten anywhere without all the research done by all our brilliant ladies and gentlemen over at NASA. ESPECIALLY the ladies- I know a lot about the woman who did the calculations for the moon landings, and so do you. Other people might not, so here's a link :) https://futurism.com/meet-the-woman-who ... n-landing/

Without her, we would still be stuck on earth. And without people like you, rowan, so many people wouldn't know anything about our universe at all.

Sending loves <3

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Feb 12, 17:10 2018

Yeah it just reminded me how white guy spaceX is, that's all. :)
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Tue Feb 13, 17:52 2018

I'm torn between finding this extremely cool and it really bugging me that I heard they put no scientific equipment on the car.. so basically all it will do for all that effort is take pictures (not even with a telescope). I know it's a for profit business but come on guys! the good of all mankind!
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"