No
27%
Obligatory pants
20%

Total votes: 15

Nachos

Tamagotchi

Post by Nachos » Mon Aug 24, 17:12 2015

I sort of really want one again, just to relive my childhood a little and also raise that little monster to its old age, which I never did as a kid. Apparently the newer ones have a sound on/off function? GENIUS! And also pause for when one has to go to work and so on. However apparently they are going through a bit of a revival and the "vintage" ones, as in the ones I had when I was a kid are now hella expensive.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

DarkOne

Re: Tamagotchi

Post by DarkOne » Mon Aug 24, 17:20 2015

There were models? I had a... white one? It died fast. My black thumb extends to electronic life forms. I also killed Tallulah my Venus flytrap because I overfed it.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 24, 20:11 2015

I had a legit tamagotchi which was purple and pink and also an off brand one which was a monkey. Both died regularly due to school. Also the monkey would always get stuck when it tried to climb a tree or something.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Mon Aug 24, 20:18 2015

My sister did. I looked on enviously.

Zeph

Post by Zeph » Tue Aug 25, 1:55 2015

My Tamagotchi shat itself and died. So I deleted the app.

In fourth grade, I had a Nano Pet and it was taken up by my teacher.

I have real pets now, so I'm good.

Adding a fourth line of text.

On an unrelated note: Petz4, anyone?

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue Aug 25, 9:12 2015

Yes! It was so much fun. Until my little brother bit the buttons off.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Tue Aug 25, 10:43 2015

I wanted one but did not have one. What I had and did not want was a creepy creepy furby.

monk

Post by monk » Tue Aug 25, 15:08 2015

When I first joined this forum everyone had neopets and half the members came here from that site.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn » Tue Aug 25, 18:36 2015

monk wrote:When I first joined this forum everyone had neopets and half the members came here from that site.
... Guilty.

I didn't have a real Tamagotchi, I had a dodgy knock off. Then again, I don't remember anyone in my class having a real Tamagotchi.

I did have a Furby, and like melsbells, I really wish I didn't have it. I remember once trying to get it to shut up/sleep, so I put it under my covers, it's dark there, right? Wee bastard switches off/goes off to another dimension. Of course I completely forgot about it until I jumped in to bed and it woke up, babbling away. The batteries were taken out that night and never replaced.

Isabella357

Post by Isabella357 » Wed Aug 26, 17:50 2015

I never got one. Or a Furby. Or a cabbage patch kid or any other fad toy. I wonder what presents I did get. Coal? I may need to have a talk with my mother now that I realize how cheated out of childhood I was. Oh, wait. I did get a CD walkman which was all the rage before ipods and mp3 and such. Mine had like a 30 second anti skip. That was pretty advanced back in the day. haha

Aum

Post by Aum » Wed Aug 26, 20:02 2015

I had one of the real ones, and a couple knock offs. At one point I had 3 of them on a keychain that I carried everywhere. I was obsessed with my little babies.

Unfortunately, my first tamagotchi ever mutated into some kind of cranky freak due to neglect, and I thought I was doing a good job!

I think they should give these out in parenting glasses instead of eggs or bags of flour.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Thu Aug 27, 0:51 2015

I never owned a tamagochi.
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Aug 27, 15:27 2015

Aum wrote: I think they should give these out in parenting glasses instead of eggs or bags of flour.
This is a good idea. I had to carry a bag of sugar for class once and it was much easier than a tamagotchi. Mind you I also had to have one of those electronic babies for a few days and it was even harder.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Fri Aug 28, 7:52 2015

I might have just bid on an old tamagotchi on ebay......

I never had one of those parenting class things, was it widespread? I think the most was one of the biology teachers in our school gave out crickets that 7th graders had to keep alive for a week, but that was only one teacher for one class.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Neko

Post by Neko » Sat Aug 29, 19:51 2015

I didn't have one when they were popular with kids at school. It wasn't until later, after similar things went on the market, that I got a Digital Monster. I had to google it to remember what it was called. Apparently it was precursor to the Digimon franchise--which I didn't watch or get into.

It was basically the Tamagotchi "for boys" because they could link together and fight. But I didn't have siblings or know anyone else who had one. I just liked raising a little dragon monster.

I also got a GigaPet kitty from KFC at some point.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 31, 19:01 2015

Nachos wrote:I might have just bid on an old tamagotchi on ebay......

I never had one of those parenting class things, was it widespread? I think the most was one of the biology teachers in our school gave out crickets that 7th graders had to keep alive for a week, but that was only one teacher for one class.
The sugar baby one I had to take in I think grade 7? In family studies. The electronic baby was because I was dumb enough to take an elective called parenting in high school which I thought would be psychology etc but was actually electronic babies, busy work and an announcement in class by our teacher that at least one person in the class got pregnant every year.

rowan

Post by rowan » Sat Sep 5, 7:29 2015

No, that was kind of after my time, but I am playing Neko Atsume on my phone now which...isn't all that different I suppose except the cats don't die if you don't feed them they just go to someone else's house.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!