We don't do Halloween here
11%
Other
5%

Total votes: 19

DarkOne

What are your Halloween plans?

Post by DarkOne » Mon Oct 31, 6:32 2016

Obligaroty Halloween poll. As for me, I'm staying behind handing out goodies and keeping count of Halloween costumes while Lex Luthor (a.k.a "Pappa") hauls Batman and Supergirl around in a dorky wagon-turned-batmobile.

What are your plans?
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: What are your Halloween plans?

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Mon Oct 31, 6:34 2016

Staying in & hiding. Though I did go to this karaoke costume on Friday.

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Mon Oct 31, 6:49 2016

Stores are trying to make it a thing, one more sale season, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. Even though I miss dressing up, pumpkin carving, and maize mazes, I'm not rooting for it to take root. Maybe Halloween just shouldn't exist in a place that can't really grow corn and pumpkins.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Mon Oct 31, 7:15 2016

I'm going to sit down and relax, because this is the first time in three days that I won't be in multiple states.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Mon Oct 31, 8:34 2016

melsbells wrote:Stores are trying to make it a thing, one more sale season, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. Even though I miss dressing up, pumpkin carving, and maize mazes, I'm not rooting for it to take root. Maybe Halloween just shouldn't exist in a place that can't really grow corn and pumpkins.
Yep, it's getting out of hand where I live. Pumpkins, costumes, candy I really like. Haunted houses and *some* decorations I'm okay with. Halloween cards I'm not a fan of. Costume week leading up to Halloween, 17 different trunk-or-treats, light displays that rival Christmas lights are downright annoying. And the newly-discovered-by-me concept of the Switch Witch, in general, fills me with blinding rage. (If you don't know what this is, that's as it should be, stay away).
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Nech

Post by Nech » Mon Oct 31, 9:05 2016

I did a party on Saturday night, but that's about it for me.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Oct 31, 10:14 2016

I'm dressed as Rey, I always dress up for halloween (my students don't, it is sad). Dog is going as BB-8. Daughter is going as Storm from X-Men, husband will probably wear his NSA tshirt because he's boring and does that every year. Not sure which of us will be doing the rounds with the kid tonight and which will be handing out candy.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Neko

Post by Neko » Mon Oct 31, 17:41 2016

I got to hand out candy to a total of three kids. One wasn't in costume--it didn't appear to be an issue of whether or not they could afford it, but who knows.

Our street largely gets ignored. So now I'm going to make an angel in my pile of leftover candy.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Mon Oct 31, 18:33 2016

When I went to the grocery store today I dressed in a trench coat, a fedora, a scarf, and rose-tinted sunglasses. I didn't really have a goal to be anyone, though I guess I looked like Inspector Gadget undercover.

MFS

Post by MFS » Mon Oct 31, 19:32 2016

handing out pla-doh and candy while the younger 2 were not gathering enough Almond Joys for me... I was totally dressed as a guy with a guitar (I may have swapped guitars every 20 minutes)
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Tue Nov 1, 3:17 2016

This year I watched a number of horror remakes from the late 70s through the 80s. Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing, The Fly, and The Blob. Not all in one night. Doubt I have the patience for such things nowadays.

Oh yeah, we went to a Halloween party at a local wine bar, too.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue Nov 1, 4:17 2016

I handed out Ruffles instead of candy because sugar overload, and on Halloween kids will accept junk food in any shape or form. And I didn't actually hand them out, but abandoned them on my porch with a note and instead went trick-or-treating with the munchkins. So no costume tally this year. :(

I came back halfway through the evening to refill the pot and there were a bunch of older kids (maybe 8 to 10 tweeners) walking towards my porch. I stayed back and was pleased to see they each took just 1 bag even though the treats were unsupervised. Maybe they felt pressured into goodness by their friends/witnesses? In any case, it made me happy. There is hope for society yet.

Oh, and I was a black cat.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue Nov 1, 6:07 2016

DarkOne wrote:
melsbells wrote:Stores are trying to make it a thing, one more sale season, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. Even though I miss dressing up, pumpkin carving, and maize mazes, I'm not rooting for it to take root. Maybe Halloween just shouldn't exist in a place that can't really grow corn and pumpkins.
Yep, it's getting out of hand where I live. Pumpkins, costumes, candy I really like. Haunted houses and *some* decorations I'm okay with. Halloween cards I'm not a fan of. Costume week leading up to Halloween, 17 different trunk-or-treats, light displays that rival Christmas lights are downright annoying. And the newly-discovered-by-me concept of the Switch Witch, in general, fills me with blinding rage. (If you don't know what this is, that's as it should be, stay away).
Which hitch makes you ditch the switch witch?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. And I'm not really asking.

What I will say is that I am quite annoyes at shopping town centers doing a trick-or-treat thing. I went to Wegmans in the town center near me last thursday, & lo and behold they were doing some sort of trick-or-treat thing at all the stores. Caused a lot of traffic on a work night & I was annoued by the time I got out of their.

I miss the days when there was only one night of trick-or-treating & you went out whether it was hot as hell or cold as hell.

ladyhawk

Post by ladyhawk » Tue Nov 1, 7:32 2016

MFS wrote:handing out pla-doh and candy while the younger 2 were not gathering enough Almond Joys for me... I was totally dressed as a guy with a guitar (I may have swapped guitars every 20 minutes)

You can have my kids' Almond Joys. We always get way too many of them, because Kid 1 is allergic to them.
Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

Meperidine

Post by Meperidine » Tue Nov 1, 12:55 2016

Handed out candy at a friend's place with pants on. The triple crown.
:heart: and :spacefem: