Moderators: MFS, monk

How did you do grade-wise?

Total votes: 0

Tookie

Re: How did you do this semester?

Post by Tookie » Tue Dec 16, 17:42 2008

My grades aren't in yet.
The personal is the political.
helium wrote:Every vagina is different, right? A unique and original vag-snowflake?

lizpoona

Post by lizpoona » Thu Dec 18, 3:28 2008

I bunch of Bs and Cs and I'm pretty sure that I failed English, which is bad.

Ofcourse, I'm not done with all of my exams, so we'll see.

This year is probably the worst set of grades I have ever gotten in my life. Actually, it is.

Whish is sad seeing as I started out first grade with straight 100s.

Lordy do I miss elementary school.
:trek: :alien: :trek:

MFS: Darwinism is failing

Butterfly North

Post by Butterfly North » Thu Dec 18, 6:33 2008

We don't get graded, but we had a little review session thing with all my tutors (and some other random people, there were like ten people in there) gave me a little report of my progress. For philosophy he said I started out quite badly but now I'm pretty good, politics guy said I'm on course for a first, and the economics guy said I may feel like I'm struggling but I should have more confidence.

I was mega pleased with that, I can tell you. The actual grades are going to hit me next term, I have exams in politics and philosophy as soon as I get back.

helium

Post by helium » Thu Dec 18, 10:22 2008

I did better than I expected and am pleasantly shocked about how I did in my math class. I passed it with a C, but the only reason I didn't have a high B was because there was more homework than was humanly possible to finish in one semester. I actually got an A on my final (which I am still freaking out about!!) and two of my other math tests, and the rest were either Bs or a high C and I only outright failed one test. I've never done that well in any math class before so I'm really shocked in the best way possible!

My other classes I'm pretty sure got As in, my Creative Writing class was super-easy and I did all the work so I have no reason not to and I had a B in my Psychology class but I think I did well enough on the final to get an A. I just found out I got an A on my research paper and a 100% on the final for my History class, which is a very nice surprise but I already had a super-high A and wasn't really afraid I'd do poorly.

I actually did really well this semester! Yay!
Nameless bodies, in unremembered rooms
Know how a man becomes a beast when the wolfbane blooms

:spork: :bomb: BMMhuhwha?

moop.

Post by moop. » Thu Dec 18, 12:50 2008

six As. one B. I need to go back to real school.
HUMMUS NOW COMES CHEEZWIZ STYLE.

Pyro Chick

Post by Pyro Chick » Thu Dec 18, 21:00 2008

As well as I had expected.
I didn't try super hard, and it was my first semester of college so I hadn't figured out yet that's it's not high school anymore. You can't get all A's and have a social life.
I got a B+ in French, B in my seminar, C+ in sociology, C in American history, and D in math (I was pretty happy about math, actually. I though I had failed)
:fire: :pineapple:

yeahyeahyeah

Post by yeahyeahyeah » Thu Dec 18, 21:45 2008

I got almost all A's and I get my final exit mark for my entire schooling life at midnight tonight. OOhhhAahhh.
Hurry, hurry to believe
I can always trust as much as you deceive.

deanimal

Post by deanimal » Fri Dec 19, 15:50 2008

4 A's and 1 B. Pleasantly shocked -- I thought I was going to fail math, but got an A! The B was in Chemistry.

GPA is 3.8!! Go me!!
helium wrote:I went outside and suddenly there was no more gravity and my vagina could fly.
Sonic# wrote:Then the singularity happens. Then we meet God and fly into the sun. Then we save the whales.

lizpoona

Post by lizpoona » Fri Dec 19, 22:49 2008

So, I got my official grades!

My semester averages are 4 Bs and 3 Cs.

Not TOO shabby, but I could have done a trillion times better.
:trek: :alien: :trek:

MFS: Darwinism is failing

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 21, 15:05 2008

I only have one mark so far, but it's a B+ from a prof who tends to mark my art pretty harshly so I'm pretty happy. I won't get anymore marks until January 2nd according to the site they post my marks on though. :mad:
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Dec 22, 13:28 2008

Pyro Chick wrote: I didn't try super hard, and it was my first semester of college so I hadn't figured out yet that's it's not high school anymore. You can't get all A's and have a social life.
Not true - you just have to know how to balance a social life and studying.
Jim dietz wrote:Rowing is a sport for dreamers. As long as you put in the work, you can own the dream. When the work stops, the dream disappears
Rowing is life. everything else is just details

Tookie

Post by Tookie » Mon Dec 22, 13:46 2008

I've gotten three marks back so far, Chem, Linguistics and Physics, and they've all been As. Those were the courses that I was pretty sure about my grade in, though, so I'm trying to be patient about my math and biology marks coming in. I should have either an A or an A- in bio, and I have absolutely no idea about math.
I'm pretty pleased, because As at McGill are ridiculously hard to come by. A GPA of 3.46 and above was last year's top 10%, and I'm looking at around 3.8. Awesome!

Edit: I got an A in calculus. I am somewhat stunned.
The personal is the political.
helium wrote:Every vagina is different, right? A unique and original vag-snowflake?

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Dec 23, 10:19 2008

Zeph wrote:
Gracey wrote:
Pyro Chick wrote: I didn't try super hard, and it was my first semester of college so I hadn't figured out yet that's it's not high school anymore. You can't get all A's and have a social life.
Not true - you just have to know how to balance a social life and studying.
I agree--it's a pretty delicate balance. You need a planner and you need to be wise enough to realize "I have a spare moment now, I think I'll flip ahead in my planner and find a project to start working on."

Now balancing a social life, all As, and work is a little harder. This might not be possible for folks in really tough schools but my university is pretty average and it's possible for a lot of people I know. My boyfriend works 45 hours a week and he made 4 As and 1 B this semester. It didn't kill him.
True that, but I feel like a job/athletics would help make the balance easier. It really forces you to plan your time wisely. I have a little less than 20 hrs of practice a week, and I got 2 A's and 2 AB's. Not my best, but to give me some credit, I didn't have any easy classes
Jim dietz wrote:Rowing is a sport for dreamers. As long as you put in the work, you can own the dream. When the work stops, the dream disappears
Rowing is life. everything else is just details