iamthegate

Re: do you have a hamster?

Post by iamthegate » Sun Jan 24, 3:12 2016

Yes! <3

Nech

Post by Nech » Sun Jan 24, 10:11 2016

Yes and he was delicious!
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Sun Jan 24, 12:13 2016

No!
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Sun Jan 24, 14:45 2016

No but some people on my floor in the dorm freshman year did and they let him loose and he got under our door while it was closed, which was not a pleasant surprise.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Sun Jan 24, 15:56 2016

Nope. Once when I was a kid I was doing a presentation on hamsters and my dad had the clever idea that since I wanted one I could use this as a sneaky opportunity to discover who in the class had a hamster so that I could hamster sit and see if he was allergic to them (he was allergic to cats). So in the presentation I asked if anyone had a hamster and no one did. The resulting moment felt a hundred years long and I had to rearrange my next sentence. Apparently this moment was so awkward to me that it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see the word hamster to this day. I guarantee you I'm the only person who remembers that yet still I suffer.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Charli!

Post by Charli! » Sun Jan 24, 17:07 2016

No. Never have had- the cats would have persecuted it.

Justin Dillon

Post by Justin Dillon » Sun Jan 24, 17:42 2016

I don't have one but I like them to a great degree.

Bork

Post by Bork » Sun Jan 24, 20:59 2016

Nope, just a lil dog.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

monk

Post by monk » Mon Jan 25, 12:32 2016

Enigma wrote: Apparently this moment was so awkward to me that it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see the word hamster to this day. I guarantee you I'm the only person who remembers that yet still I suffer.
Hamster PTSD. That's new. Would you like us to put up a trigger warning for future small rodent discussions? ....j/k
I can think of at least three words that instantly bring back bad childhood experiences.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

ladyhawk

Post by ladyhawk » Mon Jan 25, 13:03 2016

^Words? That's interesting. For me it's smells. Like, I can't use Simple Green (or anything that smells like Simple Green) because it reminds me of basic training, and puts me on edge.

More on topic, I do not, nor will I ever, own a hamster.
Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Mon Jan 25, 16:44 2016

monk wrote:
Enigma wrote: Apparently this moment was so awkward to me that it's the first thing that comes to mind when I see the word hamster to this day. I guarantee you I'm the only person who remembers that yet still I suffer.
Hamster PTSD. That's new. Would you like us to put up a trigger warning for future small rodent discussions? ....j/k
I can think of at least three words that instantly bring back bad childhood experiences.
Lol nah I think I'm good. It's weird how some childhood memories can be so strong when you're reminded even if they're inconsequential. Smells do it for me too for sure.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"