Pokémon GO!

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: Pokémon GO!

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat Aug 20, 18:18 2016

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Some times my phone will glitch out and it won't show pokestops, I have to reboot the game.

91 magikarp to go, y'all.
Less than 20 for me.

Nerd1987

Post by Nerd1987 » Sat Aug 20, 19:34 2016

Other than Blastoise I think the Gyrados is the most powerful water type right now.

iamthegate

Post by iamthegate » Sun Aug 21, 7:18 2016

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Some times my phone will glitch out and it won't show pokestops, I have to reboot the game.

91 magikarp to go, y'all.
Less than 20 for me.
Woopwoop! About 50 for me :D

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Sun Aug 21, 16:24 2016

going magicarp hunting tonight but I have a TON to go, only have like 125 candies, at this rate I figure I'll catch a Gyrados first.
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Nech

Post by Nech » Mon Aug 22, 3:03 2016

cwbyrvr wrote:...with there still not being a functional tracker I just kind of shrug and go "oh well, wish I could stumble across that"
Should find some local Facebook groups for your team, they'll likely have access to local trackers or be able to share nest details. I'm starting to hit the point in my Pokedex where I'm getting very specific in what I hunt for, so I go to nests almost exclusively. 120 (with 3 available evolves immediately) and counting! I should have already been hitting nests awhile ago, but I've been lazy.

Could also try gym battling now that the botters/hackers/spoofers are gone. It's pretty fun again. Again with local groups, get a 4-10 man team going and just walk around beefing up/taking over gyms! Can be a lot of fun, especially if a rare spawns or another team is doing a gym raid of their own. Plus it's a great way to get coins and stardust. Also a great way to make new friends locally.
Nerd1987 wrote:Other than Blastoise I think the Gyrados is the most powerful water type right now.
Don't forget Lapras and Vaporeon! Poliwrath and Slowbro can also be pretty scary with a good IV/Moveset
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Aug 22, 20:42 2016

They have been a bunch of lures around on vacation and I can catch things from the back yard and the front porch, and I caught a bunch of magicarp by the ferry. So now I'm level 7...

What are nests and does anyone know where the pictures hide on Android?
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Tue Aug 23, 5:33 2016

*raising a dead thread because new information and stuff*

I went out last week at night simply to catch Pokemon with my sister and her friend and we went to our cities landmarks and there were so many people there too, it was so nice. In the end we stayed out for about 4 hours, saw and helped someone propose to their girlfriend while walking past the river, helped someone catch a Dratini and were super social to (some of) the other players. It was a really nice experience! We also walked around 6km just around the city and just had a lovely time. I think I'll stick to going to these vague events instead of just doing it walking to work and back.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue Aug 23, 10:16 2016

rowan wrote:They have been a bunch of lures around on vacation and I can catch things from the back yard and the front porch, and I caught a bunch of magicarp by the ferry. So now I'm level 7...

What are nests and does anyone know where the pictures hide on Android?

Nests are where you can find a ton of the same type of Pokemon. Pictures aren't just in your normal picture location? That's where they go on my iPhone...
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Nech

Post by Nech » Tue Aug 23, 13:11 2016

A nest is where a certain type of Pokemon will often spawn. My local parks has 3 spots where the same Pokemon spawns couple times an hour (today with the nest rotation it changed from Mankeys to Growlithes, so I'm excited). You can often do "laps" and get 3-4 of a certain type an hour depending on how big the nest is and how close the spawns are from each other. If you have a dog it's great to hit a local park and just walk circles around the spawns. Dogh will love and you'll catch Mons.

But the pictures should be in a specific folder in your camera/picture gallery sections. Both AR pictures you take and the screenshots end up there (on every phone model I've seen).
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Wed Aug 31, 6:48 2016

How do I find nests now? They keep changing things with the updates.

Nech

Post by Nech » Wed Aug 31, 22:04 2016

Nachos wrote:How do I find nests now? They keep changing things with the updates.
Yeah they keep changing nests with updates. They want to do that regularly to have like...Pokemon migrations and shit. The nests stay where they are, only the type of Pokemon that spawn change. so you just have to go see what is spawning in the change. There's likely a local group that is tracking/keeping record of it. Toronto/GTA has several spreadsheets with picture proof and everything.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Sep 1, 7:08 2016

I finally got a gyarados!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Thu Sep 1, 9:01 2016

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:I finally got a gyarados!
Woohoo! That is a massive achievement.

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Thu Sep 1, 9:30 2016

I'm rather a huge fan of Pokemon Go, though I usually only play maybe 10min a day if not with friends. Many of my friends play and we've gone on several group Pokedates to parks and downtown and whatnot. Last night we went to a weekly comedy hour that one of our friends was performing at and during the other (rather offensive) comedian's set one friend set up a lure and I caught a Charmander and an 800 CP Clefable (both new to me)!

I went on a 5mi run with a friend last week and the app froze right at the beginning so it didn't count towards my egg incubation. Devastating. D:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

MFS

Post by MFS » Thu Sep 1, 9:58 2016

We should be able to kill and eat pidgeys.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie