what's your favorite thing that is pink?

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Post by spacebot » Thu Oct 20, 2:00 2016

Sonic#

Re: what's your favorite thing that is pink?

Post by Sonic# » Thu Oct 20, 4:36 2016

You.

I mean, uh, sunsets.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Thu Oct 20, 5:12 2016

Cherry blossoms, ruby red grapefruits.
And Pepto-Bismol. Pepto has been a good friend.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Thu Oct 20, 8:50 2016

Popsicles

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Oct 20, 15:44 2016

My hot pink tube of acrylic paint. That's a colour you just can't mix.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Fri Oct 21, 18:04 2016

Jigglypuff. NOT Lickitung. Lickitung is dead to me.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Tue Oct 25, 10:42 2016

Human flesh.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Tue Oct 25, 14:46 2016

hopkin's rose nudibranch
or maybe just this book

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Wed Oct 26, 12:39 2016

My backpack. I was apprehensive about buying such a BRIGHT pink everyday backpack, but it was the only color available in the decent-quality style that was on clearance. Still, I think I'll replace it with something a little less bright when it wears out.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

lillerina

Post by lillerina » Thu Oct 27, 13:38 2016

I'm a little horrified that nobody has said 'the clitoris' yet.

So.

The clitoris.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes

Nech

Post by Nech » Thu Oct 27, 21:59 2016

lillerina wrote:I'm a little horrified that nobody has said 'the clitoris' yet.

So.

The clitoris.
To be fair, they're not all pink. There are definitely shades that are too dark to be called pink. :P
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Fri Oct 28, 5:36 2016

^ But we already had popsicles, they're not all pink, and you didn't point that out. I don't think "only pink" is assumed in the prompt. ;P

At the moment, I have a bruise that's a pretty pink color. :)

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Oct 28, 6:28 2016

The pink ranger

Saberslash
Location: Not quite sure... AHHHH! WHAT WAS THAT?!?! Oh my god, its after me! AHHHHHHH-

Post by Saberslash » Fri Oct 28, 9:58 2016

I'm going to have to agree with lillerina on this one....
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me.
So throw me down and tie me up and show me that you like me.

I bet you are expecting some crass two balls joke here... Are you nuts? We'd get sacked!

Nech

Post by Nech » Fri Oct 28, 10:00 2016

Sonic# wrote:^ But we already had popsicles, they're not all pink, and you didn't point that out. I don't think "only pink" is assumed in the prompt. ;P

At the moment, I have a bruise that's a pretty pink color. :)
Huh, I did miss popsicles! But you're right there isn't a only pink assumption, mah bad XD
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Fri Oct 28, 18:08 2016

But pink popsicles are my favourite. Or at least in the three way tie with purple and orange. I honestly don't know why there are other flavours of popsicle.

garbage videos

Post by garbage videos » Sat Oct 29, 21:21 2016

"Pink" was invented in the 1950's as part of the gender binary conspiracy created by the patriarchy and matriarchy. The plan is to CIS-ify society into becoming binary agents of conformity to complete their brainwashing news media patriarchy matriarchy conspiracy.

Pink is neither here nor there, it can represent femininity as well as virile masculinity. Pinkie Pie is not only a caring, giggly pony but also one of the ponies that body slams other ponies and pins them to the ground. Before 1950, Pink was a color with no designated gender assignment (gender assignment is enslavement of the mind. Gender reassignment is freedom and liberation of the mind.)

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Sun Oct 30, 7:06 2016

Pink was certainly increasingly associated with women through the 1950s. Before that, it was more associated with men. I'm not sure you can say it was part of a "conspiracy." Who were the members?

garbage videos

Post by garbage videos » Sun Oct 30, 13:33 2016

Sonic# wrote:Pink was certainly increasingly associated with women through the 1950s. Before that, it was more associated with men. I'm not sure you can say it was part of a "conspiracy." Who were the members?
it is a conspiracy on a large scale. The Matrix movie is an allegory to the powers that be. Many who participate and contribute to the system of mental brainwashing and slavery know not what they do. It is a bit like biased bigot religious people, they do not actually understand that they are brainwashed in the system of nurturing they were raised with.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Sun Oct 30, 14:58 2016

Did they conspire to make Pink one of the best popsicle flavours? I am old enough that blue coloured food doesn't appeal to me, so I wouldn't be interested in a blue flavoured popsicle, but I doubt I would enjoy them more than pink ones.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Sun Oct 30, 17:31 2016

You didn't name who the members of the conspiracy were.

Culture and society at large can encourage systemic oppression without being a conspiracy. At the very least, the many racist people who make it worse often don't work in any direct coordination, but are opportunists. If anything, that scares me more than the idea of a conspiracy, which seems far more controlled and, therefore, controllable.

rowan

Post by rowan » Sun Oct 30, 17:37 2016

Pink was around well before the 1950s, but as pointed out was associated with boys (because it was more aggressive). Which anyway is BS but it wasn't invented in the 50s.

I'm not really sure I have a favorite pink thing? My bag is pink, I guess?
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

garbage videos

Post by garbage videos » Sun Oct 30, 18:36 2016

Taurwen wrote:Did they conspire to make Pink one of the best popsicle flavours? I am old enough that blue coloured food doesn't appeal to me, so I wouldn't be interested in a blue flavoured popsicle, but I doubt I would enjoy them more than pink ones.
Red #40 doesn't taste much different than Blue #2 in my opinion.
Sonic# wrote:You didn't name who the members of the conspiracy were.

Culture and society at large can encourage systemic oppression without being a conspiracy. At the very least, the many racist people who make it worse often don't work in any direct coordination, but are opportunists. If anything, that scares me more than the idea of a conspiracy, which seems far more controlled and, therefore, controllable.
Basically I meant a conspiracy in the loose sense of an aggravated group that has a silently agreed affiliation, and as you say no direct concrete coordination, rather more of a subtle loose coordination manifesting on the larger scale.
rowan wrote:Pink was around well before the 1950s, but as pointed out was associated with boys (because it was more aggressive). Which anyway is BS but it wasn't invented in the 50s.

I'm not really sure I have a favorite pink thing? My bag is pink, I guess?
Thought it was obvious, as pink is a wave frequency as old as Time and featured in many flowers, by invention I meant the cultural invention of assigning gender roles to the frequency. Far as pink or boys being aggressive I would say it is not quite BS, scientific scans have measured neuronal spikes and elevated heart rates correlated to red colors. Pink is a light red color, far as boys being aggressive I would say that is not quite BS either, male humans tend to be more aggressive than the females, however in some non-human species the females are the more aggressive, such as hyenas.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Sun Oct 30, 18:55 2016

Then that's not a conspiracy, because a conspiracy requires, well, talking and conscious agreement.

Nerd1987

Post by Nerd1987 » Sun Oct 30, 20:06 2016

Wow the specifics of this thread are terrifying. Anyway I can agree that the system or whatever grows into serving those who hold power because they wouldn't have it any other way if not an intentional large scale organized conspiracy. It's like survival of the fittest but for the structure and organization of society. Those elements that serve those in power will persist and those that do not will not be "fed" by those in power and survive. So the whole big picture isn't a coherent conspiracy but the result of generations of changes in society favoring the wealthy and powerful.