I got my dream job!

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Saberslash
Location: Not quite sure... AHHHH! WHAT WAS THAT?!?! Oh my god, its after me! AHHHHHHH-

I got my dream job!

Post by Saberslash » Fri Oct 28, 9:53 2016

I am not dead. Have not been on in a while, but I have been lurking, as I am prone to do. Life has had its ups and downs, but since I am trying to stay positive I will try to focus on the ups.

I have finally graduated college. I now have my Bachelor degree in Computer Technology Management. So yay for that. More importantly, after much waiting and business politics I have my dream job. I am now a computer technician for a local business. It has been a blast, having tons of fun, getting to play with lots of tools, and I get the joy of helping people.

As some of you might remember I may or may not have emotional issues/depression issues. I am on meds for that, and have been for some time (since year 2 of college). Everything there seems okay, though lately they haven't been helping as much so I have an appointment to address that. I am now what some might call.... normal.... "normal".

With this new job has come some changes. I got my dream vehicle since we needed another car, a 2016 Honda CR-V EX. So pretty, so nice. My job knows about my depression and is more than willing to work with me if I have any problems. They have been so nice and understanding. My boss is awesome as well, even graduated with the same degree from the same place, so we have tons of stories to share and we joke around a lot.

My daughter is now 8. I am still married to the love of my life. I now have 2 ferrets (graduation present from my wife), still have most of my cats.

Wow, kinda all over the place with this one.
To sum up:
Not dead. Graduated College. Dream Job. Dream Car. Dealing with adult problems like an adult. So many pets. Much wow!

Also, 800th post! Woo!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me.
So throw me down and tie me up and show me that you like me.

I bet you are expecting some crass two balls joke here... Are you nuts? We'd get sacked!

Sonic#

Re: I got my dream job!

Post by Sonic# » Fri Oct 28, 11:08 2016

It's heartening to hear that you got your degree, your job, and a situation which is willing to work with your quirks. That sounds enormously edifying.

Welcome to being normal, or as I like to think of it, seeming passable. :dance2:

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Fri Oct 28, 12:20 2016

Any one of those things by itself is worth celebrating. So I'm going for the low hanging fruit, seasonal-style: (yeah, you're gonna have to squint for this to work)
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Charli!

Post by Charli! » Fri Oct 28, 13:45 2016

Congratulations on the new dream job!

MFS

Post by MFS » Fri Oct 28, 15:53 2016

congratz, Saber - glad to see you are not only not dead, but doing well and happy! Totally missed you in the chat, because I was at work, doing strange things.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

rowan

Post by rowan » Sun Oct 30, 11:01 2016

Awesome to hear from you, glad things are going well!
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Sun Oct 30, 11:44 2016

Welcome back Saber; good to see that you are still alive and that things are going well for you :)
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!