Carrie Fisher :(

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Enigma

Carrie Fisher :(

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 28, 12:20 2016

The world is worse off without her.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/15-of-c ... uotes.html
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: Carrie Fisher :(

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Dec 29, 4:07 2016

I created this meme when i heard about her death, but it's all the more tragic with her mother, Debbie Reynolds dying the day after.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Thu Dec 29, 7:50 2016

I heard an interview of Carrie Fisher on the radio a month ago. http://www.npr.org/2016/11/28/503580112 ... set-affair

She was talking about her recently released book, The Princess Diaries. She's one of those actors I'm glad to have learned more abut off-screen. Of course she was an important part of Star Wars. Her Leia was one reason I look for compelling women in adventure/sci-fi movies. More than that, she seemed like a smart, sharp-witted , wise person who would be around for the next 20 or so years. She's my dad's age, so there's that too.

And to any haters:
Carrie Fisher wrote:“Blow my big bovine tiny dancer cock.”

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Thu Dec 29, 13:16 2016

I really feel sad about this. My friends and I were talking about who has most personally affected us this year when they died and for me it's her and Alan Rickman. The world is a little shittier without her in it. I ordered her book the week before as a xmas gift for a friend. *sigh*. And I feel most sorry for her daughter :( What a tragedy.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Aum

Post by Aum » Fri Dec 30, 2:47 2016

I don't mean to sound crass, but what was so groundbreaking about her role in SW, in your opinion?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 30, 10:32 2016

Aum wrote:I don't mean to sound crass, but what was so groundbreaking about her role in SW, in your opinion?
Well I like how she was cast as a princess but still got to kick ass and save the boys. In such a male centric universe at least she wasn't a shrinking violet. But to be honest my personal feeling of loss has almost nothing to do with princess leia. I was able to see her one women show a few years back and her honesty was very powerful. She's been an outspoken feminist and mental health advocate for years now and I always felt a little better about the world after seeing one of her tweets or interviews. She allowed herself to be out there as an imperfect older women in a way that is really lacking in Hollywood.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"