Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Have you been in a car accident?

Post by spacebot » Fri May 11, 2:00 2018

Have you been in a car accident?

melsbells

Re: Have you been in a car accident?

Post by melsbells » Fri May 11, 13:26 2018

Yes. In the worst one, I was taken to the hospital and had a concussion. I was able to call one person, and it was the wrong person. She contacted the people who were living with me at the time so see if they could help me out (like pick up my dog, who was in the car with me, from the police station) and only told them I had a head injury, in those words! They were out of town and freaking out thinking I was in a coma or going to die.

Charli!

Post by Charli! » Sat May 26, 8:22 2018

I've been in 2.. but not bad ones. One time I hit a brand new Bentley Flying Spur (very expensive car)- causing a scratch on his bumper than cost about 10x the total value of my car to fix (seriously, £2.5K to fix a 2 inch scratch in the paint!). My car needed a new headlight, one new panel and a a dent banging out of the bonnet, cost about £20 to fix.

Another time someone coming out of a car park 'didn't see me', despite me being on the road (and her not being) AND me driving a multicolour white and green car. Again she only dented my car, I never did get it fixed.

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue May 29, 20:27 2018

rolled a car once, do not recommend

otherwise not really, apart from this one guy who rear-ended me because "I thought you were going to run the [red] light"
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Bork

Post by Bork » Fri Jun 1, 14:50 2018

Rowan, what??? They thought you were going to run the red light?? That kind of reminds me of an accident my mom was in some years ago: she was T-boned by a car that ran a red light, and was found to be partially at fault for having assumed they would stop. (It was in Oklahoma, and we're thinking there were probably some small town politics going on there)

I myself have never been in an accident. Helps that I've never owed a car though, I think.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

rowan

Post by rowan » Fri Jun 1, 19:55 2018

You are technically supposed to wait until intersections are clear until you go, but... that seems a bit far fetched. I do always watch though, you never know. My husband texted me a pic of his taxi which looked like it was tboned earlier this evening. Apparently 3 cars and a bus were invovled. "everyone's all right" he said. But. :nervous:

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Wed Jun 6, 17:26 2018

someone scraped my car in the parking lot today while I wasn't in it, does that count?
it's a small amount of damage and his insurance is going to cover it but it was not a nice end to my workday.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Thu Jun 7, 9:18 2018

Ive been in quite a lot of car accidents.

Ive been responsible for 3 minor accidents which mostly tore up my bumper while the other car recieved either no damage or a broken tailight and or scuffed bumper.

Ive been rear ended by someone while sitting at a stop sign.

Before I was a liscenced driver, one of my closest friends used to drink and drive. We had tons of minor accidents like scraping gaurd rails. We were in one major accident which lead to a bunch of craziness and guns drawn and police and we all caught several charges. (Explained towards the bottom)

Needless to say I dont really talk to that friend anymore, and after being in so many accidents with him, I dont drink and drive.

The major accident.
My friend and another guy who I met for the first time picked me up from home. We were going to go play madden at his house. Once we arrived at his complex the gaurd asked us to pick him up a pack of cigarettes. On our way back the driver crashed into the back of a parked pickup doing about 40mph. I saw it coming so I had time to brace for impact.

The neighbor of the owner of the truck came outside to see if we were ok. The passenger (i'll refer to him as dumbass from here on) in our car then began to flip out at him. We then got out of the car and looked at the damage and it was pretty bad. Dumbass then walked up to the owner of the trucks house and knocked. I soon walked up to the door because I wondered if I could use their phone to call a ride.

Dumbass, for no reason at all, began to bust the windows of the house and yell. My friend and I were both like, wtf. So I returned to the car. Soon the neighbor returned with a gun and I could see a small badge on his belt. He pointed it around and told all of us to back up. I jokingly hopped off the grass onto the sidewalk, "this good?"

My friend then charged the guy (unbelievable) and got in his face hollering go ahead and shoot me. I then grabbed my friend by his hoody and pulled him away. I looked at the guy with the gun and said, "Dont shoot him, I got him." Eventually my friend shook free out of the hoodie and ran back to the guy. At this point, I just smoked a cigarette, figured I was about to see my childhood friend get shot in the face. The owner of the truck came outside and cracked my friend in the neck with a police baton which put him down. Both residents looked at me with fear and hostility but I was passive (only calm one present) and it got quiet for a second.

I figured I hadn't done anything wrong but, as it turns out both the neighbor and the owner of the truck were both correctional officers. When I saw how many cop cars where coming (bout 12), I knew we were all going to jail. My friend tried to run but unless you feel like going through woods there is no getting away. Spent half the night With my feet shackled to a bench and one hand handcuffed to shoulder height pole. Its a very uncomfortable way to sleep.

I hoped it would come out that I hadnt done anything and even tried to stop some of it, but of course we were all grouped together (especially in the police report) and I caught about 5 charges but took the guilty plea of 3rd degree burglary due to dumbass busting the windows of the house. With my word against two angry correctional officers I just went ahead and took the plea.

Thats my accident story

rowan

Post by rowan » Thu Jun 7, 20:14 2018

daaaaamn