What was your favorite movie as a kid?

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Post by spacebot » Sat Nov 3, 2:02 2018

Tweek

Re: What was your favorite movie as a kid?

Post by Tweek » Sat Nov 3, 2:42 2018

I didn't have a favourite... back then you watched what was on at the cinema or on TV. We didn't get our first VCR (Betamax) till I was in my teens and then movies to own cost about £50!
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Sun Nov 4, 3:01 2018

secret of nimh.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Tue Nov 13, 10:14 2018

One of my favs was the movie "monster squad". I actually ordered a dvd and forced my wife to watch this with me recently.

Frankenstein and a bunch of kids (and bad language) vs Dracula, the wolf man, a mummy, and a creature from a lagoon.

"time bandits" , "Explorers" , and "godzilla1985" are a close 2nd. Classics. I have to watch time bandits again cause I only remember bits and pieces. Explorer and godzilla Ive watched recently.

Godzilla was funny cause like 50% of the movie is him roaring, puts a lil damper on my childhood memory of it. Its the godzilla where it opens with a cartoon of godzilla's foot stepping on bambi lol. The non godzilla scenes actually kind of still hold up today. One of the most popular at the time but rare these days godzilla movies. To my knowledge its one of the first gozilla films where most of the dialogue is done in english. Seemed like their first real japanese and american collaboration.