Mumsnet surprised me the other day.

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

Pikachu

Mumsnet surprised me the other day.

Post by Pikachu » Wed May 17, 2:06 2017

I thought it was just a feminist site mothers went to. I didn't remember it being particularly anti trans. But sure enough page after page was trans exclusionary radical feminist rhetoric. I actually thought I had gone onto a page specifically about trans issues, as literally every topic was about it. But no, it was just the general "Feminism" page. I actually looked a couple of times to make sure my eyes were not cheated. I don't remember it being that way when I had gone there before, so very surprising,

rowan

Re: Mumsnet surprised me the other day.

Post by rowan » Wed May 17, 12:21 2017

internet mom's groups can be really really weird sometimes. I'm not familiar with this one...
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Wed May 17, 13:47 2017

rowan wrote:internet mom's groups can be really really weird sometimes. I'm not familiar with this one...
Take out that phrase, and it's just as true. :/

But seriously, there are a lot of trans-exclusionary groups out there, and regrettably some are feminist.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Sun Jun 25, 18:32 2017

Yeah, Feminism has lots of different facets and some are very transphobic.

I think mumsnet is more of a general advice and reddit forum for mothers, it's not particularly feminist.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Galen

Post by Galen » Mon Jun 26, 10:21 2017

I haven't been on mumsnet in a couple months, but I, too, was surprised at how much anti trans stuff there was last time I was there. I can't let myself read those threads. When I visit, I just burrow down in the Pokemon and sweary threads, with occasional forays to the Litter Tray to see if anyone has posted any cute cats.