MMA Transgenders and feminism

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

Skeezy

MMA Transgenders and feminism

Post by Skeezy » Tue Oct 16, 14:28 2018

As most people know the transgender community has gained ground in acceptance. Some feminists now largely disagree that transgenders should be allowed to do everything a woman does. Bathroom usage certain jobs etc.

Upon my arrival here I combated the premise that women and men can be considered truly equal. Everyone has potential to uniquely excel past prefixed limitations but, I always say you have to be realistic. Society isnt always realistic and that brings about this topic.

A transgender woman was allowed to compete in MMA the womens division. Not going to post the links because its recent and easily found if you havent already seen it.
Im not sure of all the specifics of the fight, I saw part of the fight and it looked like they tried to balance things by having the transgender woman fight against a heavier weight, as the size difference is noticible. However the transgender women beat the other woman in about 2 and half minutes and fractured her skull.

After the fight when intervied the woman said," I have never felt so overpowered in all my Life." This coincideds with Rhonda Rousey as she has also said shes was greatly overpowered by a man in a fight and could not escape his grip as she usually does with most women.

Of course now after the fight most people are saying well thats just common sense. My stance is, apparently it wasnt to everybody for the fight (amongst other issues and topics) to even happen.

So I'm curious as to how everyone here feels about whats going to happen in the future as far as women, men and the trangender community. What are or should be the limitations of those who identifiy as women but were born men? Should there be no limitations or stipulations? In sorting, are we being biased or realistic? Have the emotions behind the movements caused the movements to lose rationality? Should we be blind to diffference even when its glaring? Tons of questions

Pikachu

Re: MMA Transgenders and feminism

Post by Pikachu » Fri Nov 23, 6:00 2018

There's nothing to be gained for a transgender woman competing in womens MMA. If they win, they become persona non grata because they beat up a woman with what the media will call "Man strength", if they lose, they get mocked for being beaten by a woman despite what the media will call, "Man strength".

They have to tread the finest of lines, of winning, but not too much, only by a slight margin. For every fight. Which in a fight, isn't possible to control that much. So screw it, transgender people shouldn't compete in MMA, it's a barbaric sport that should be banned anyway.

And I thought Rousey said she could beat Floyd Mayweather? Lol.

Skeezy

Re: MMA Transgenders and feminism

Post by Skeezy » Thu Nov 29, 9:34 2018

Pikachu wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 6:00 2018
There's nothing to be gained for a transgender woman competing in womens MMA. If they win, they become persona non grata because they beat up a woman with what the media will call "Man strength", if they lose, they get mocked for being beaten by a woman despite what the media will call, "Man strength".

They have to tread the finest of lines, of winning, but not too much, only by a slight margin. For every fight. Which in a fight, isn't possible to control that much. So screw it, transgender people shouldn't compete in MMA, it's a barbaric sport that should be banned anyway.

And I thought Rousey said she could beat Floyd Mayweather? Lol.
Yeah, she changed her tune on a lot of stuff after the 1st and 2nd loss. She's a WWE wrestler now.