Return to Disney

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Unvoiced_Apollo

Return to Disney

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sun Dec 23, 7:10 2018

I'll be making my glorious return to Disney World the near future. I gathered a little more information and have put together a nice itinerary (esp considering this is fairly last minute, relatively speaking)

Things I'll be doing that I didn't do last time

Character meals. This includes a lunch with Mickey & a few other characters (Tusker House in Animal Kingdom) and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table with some of the princesses. We also have a breakfast to meet Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider. That's not weird as an adult going with his father...right? Right?

Eating at the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner. Hard reservations to get and we'll get to meet The Beast, a very rare character to see at the parks.

Catching two shows: Rivers of Light & Fantasmic. I used the dining packages that allows you to reserve a spot at these shows, and no extra cost. Rivers of light package I used with Tusker House (but they do have a nicer option in Tiffins if that's more your style). Fantasmic! had three options and Mama Melrose was the best choice for us (no ch

Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom

Visiting some Epcot attractions I didn't before.

Most importantly: Attending the After Hours (added cost) at Magic Kingdom. Good for avoiding the crowds

Tweek

Re: Return to Disney

Post by Tweek » Sun Dec 23, 9:37 2018

I hope you have a fun time there :)
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Dec 27, 3:43 2018

The character meal sounds adorable but in my reality I'd feel so awkward interacting with them. I was vaguely intimidated by the characters even as a kid though. You should visit Pandora, the Avatar world too. OMG I'm jealous Disneyland doesn't have it.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Dec 28, 7:14 2018

geldofc wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 3:43 2018
The character meal sounds adorable but in my reality I'd feel so awkward interacting with them. I was vaguely intimidated by the characters even as a kid though. You should visit Pandora, the Avatar world too. OMG I'm jealous Disneyland doesn't have it.
For me the awkwardness is part of the fun. Last year I did character meets, waiting in line for all the princesses. Being a 33yo dude made things naturally awkward, but they were all good about our interactions.

I didn't fully get into the spirit of "be a kid again" on my previous visit (first trip as an adult). This trip is all about tapping into the inner child (and doing things I never got to do as a kid). The character meals just seemed like a natural choice for this.

Every park at Disney World is on the agenda. When we visited WDW last year, to Pandora at night and the "bioluminescence" just made it such a different world. Also Flight of Passage is a must. It's a motion simulator with augmented reality in which you ride your own banshee from the Avatar movie. The lengths they took to immerse everyone still amazes me. I won't go into all the detail to save some surprisez, but they thought of so many details to make it feel like you're riding a living animal