Talk about your TTRPG characters!

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Neko

Talk about your TTRPG characters!

Post by Neko » Mon Apr 22, 16:22 2019

After playing D&D 5th edition for a couple years now, my list of character ideas has gotten pretty long. They may never end up in a game but it's still fun to design them.

What kind of characters have you played in a TTRPG? Have any fun stories to share?
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Sonic#

Re: Talk about your TTRPG characters!

Post by Sonic# » Tue Apr 23, 13:13 2019

I love designing characters, both on paper and digitally. The tools in digital adaptations of tabletop games like Pathfinder: Kingmaker or Neverwinter Nights are half the fun for me.

In the Pathfinder campaign I'm playing in, Destrum is an aasimar cleric of Abadar who serves as the manager and drummer of the band Synergy. He's the lawful neutral type who keeps the mostly-chaotic-good group functioning. (I write our party inventory list in-character.) We're just now getting into the levels (5 and 6) where spellcasters start to get clutch support spells, so gameplay-wise he's no longer just the frontline healer.

My favorite story comes from a Halloween game I played in several years ago. The game was set during the Vietnam War and involved a group of soldiers infiltrating a prison to rescue POWs. However, the situation was a SNAFU from the start - landmines, ambushes, and traps were at every turn. Finally we get to the capital miraculously undercover, and we realize that there are two possible locations. To set up a distraction, my character (the radio operator who became the commanding officer mid-mission) calls in an airstrike at the likely decoy location. Then after some scouting by a couple of the other characters, we realize - shit - we're bombing our own POWs. We rush across town through checkpoints and go into the building just as the air sirens start and the explosions begin, and we somehow survive the resulting convergence of emergency personnel and the Cthulhu-esque Great One awoken by the bombs.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: Talk about your TTRPG characters!

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Apr 25, 14:28 2019

My favorite character is a Tiefling bard who disguised himself as the mayor and framed said mayor for assaulting the tax collector. He knocked him out cold, so my character also stole the tax collector's clothes. He ran through town with the clothes to make sure people saw him.

What? Don't tax adventurer rewards.

My current character is an eldritch night who has done more face interactions than either the high charisma warlock or rogue