Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

have you taken a bus?

Post by spacebot » Fri Jun 9, 2:00 2017

have you taken a bus?

Nech

Re: have you taken a bus?

Post by Nech » Fri Jun 9, 7:44 2017

I don't even know where I would keep it! I just ride them occasionally.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Fri Jun 9, 9:44 2017

Today. And yesterday. And the day before. Pretty much every day.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Sat Jun 10, 11:32 2017

I took the bus to Spalding and back a couple of days ago.
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

MFS

Post by MFS » Mon Jun 12, 12:49 2017

I tried, but damn they are heavy.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Galen

Post by Galen » Tue Jun 13, 6:21 2017

The first time I ever took a bus was back in the 80s when I was twelve and running away from home. Before that, I'd led a weirdly insular life, so even though I knew the general protocol, I was flustered by the details (exact change, putting the money in the thingee instead of giving it to the driver, how to make the bus stop when you wanted to get off, etc.). I ended up dumping every bit of my change into the thingee and riding the bus all the way to the end of the line. I was pretty proud of myself, though.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Jun 15, 15:29 2017

Galen wrote:The first time I ever took a bus was back in the 80s when I was twelve and running away from home. Before that, I'd led a weirdly insular life, so even though I knew the general protocol, I was flustered by the details (exact change, putting the money in the thingee instead of giving it to the driver, how to make the bus stop when you wanted to get off, etc.). I ended up dumping every bit of my change into the thingee and riding the bus all the way to the end of the line. I was pretty proud of myself, though.
This was definitely my experience the first time I took a taxi. I thought I had to negotiate? It was a mess.

I'm currently on a bus!
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

theal

Post by theal » Sat Jun 24, 6:50 2017

I took one once but they made me give it back

Crystal Blue

Post by Crystal Blue » Mon Jun 26, 5:07 2017

I took many when i purchased my PC. There are just too many in my PC! Serial bus, Address bus and lot. Just kidding guys! I rarely take bus, though. Last time it was with my friends for visit to another college event

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Tue Jun 27, 9:11 2017

I took the school bus as a kid and have taken buses in other countries a few times, but I've always avoided taking them in my home city, wherever it is I was living at the time. I have a horrible sense of direction, so I love light rails, cable cars, and subways because they are incapable of moving from a physical track. It's very easy to tell exactly where they're going to end up as long as you can figure out which direction you're moving. Connections can be made only at the points where tracks cross, which are few compared to bus routes.

But, I took the city bus this weekend for the first time while my car's been in for repairs and it was super easy (because I only have to deal with one bus moving on one major road, with no connections) and free since I have a student ID, and now I feel silly for avoiding it for so long.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility