Help A new Friend On Blood Pressure Issue

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: cwbyrvr, Nachos

Brianbloom24

Help A new Friend On Blood Pressure Issue

Post by Brianbloom24 » Sun Aug 27, 21:09 2017

I have been smoking for the past 6 years non-stop. Now I think smoking and alcoholism has made my blood pressure skyrocketed. I am trying to quite but fear stopping both could spike my blood pressure. There was a time I stopped and used the blood pressure calculator to check my blood pressure. The reading I got was scary, 140/90 mmHg. I don't know if the electronic pressure gauge I used was faulty I know I should go to a hospital but I am afraid. Please could anyone suggest how I can stop smoking and drinking without putting my health at risk? Maybe someone who has had similar experience before could help. Thanks!

Mod edit: spam link removed
Last edited by Brianbloom24 on Wed Aug 30, 1:07 2017, edited 1 time in total.

rowan

Re: Help A new Friend On Blood Pressure Issue

Post by rowan » Tue Aug 29, 14:33 2017

I think also if you are in the US (maybe other places; I just don't know) you can go to a lot of pharmacies or other places to check your BP while you quit. I think quitting is a very personal process, one which I haven't undergone personally, but the people I've seen go through find it a lot easier with external support. I think probably most success would be if you can get your doc to suggest support group(s) to try out or possible methods, if you have a doc you like. There are a lot of different methods to help out there, find the one that works for you. (Perhaps someone else can suggest resources, I've forgotten anything I knew about)
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nech

Re: Help A new Friend On Blood Pressure Issue

Post by Nech » Wed Aug 30, 7:20 2017

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.