Taxes

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Nachos

Taxes

Post by Nachos » Sun Oct 22, 12:25 2017

This is the first year I've really got to deal with them, because I'm still registered as a freelancer even though I've made barely any money from it last year. Still have to let them know what money I have made! And I'd like to keep my freelance status for the future just in case I can make some money on the side again.

It's all gone digital this year and I don't know what forms to fill in :( Hard!

Ugh. Adulting.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Skeezy

Re: Taxes

Post by Skeezy » Tue Oct 24, 10:34 2017

Taxes suck. Usually my wife and I dont have complicated taxes. She was on Obama care 2 years prior to last tax time and it made things a lot messier since we waited till last minute. Always great times having to find paper work you misplaced.

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue Oct 24, 10:47 2017

Finding the required paperwork is generally my main problem with taxes. For some reason, I think it's a good idea to leave it in the various piles of mail that accumulate instead of putting in a separate, more secure location. Although if I did that, I'd probably forget.

Funny how things going digital is supposed to make it easier...
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue Oct 24, 15:05 2017

it's not especially secure but we have a folder all that stuff goes into. my process is if I open a piece of mail with tax related things in it I give to my husband and he puts it in the folder. ;) (this is because the folder lives under his desk, and the mail comes while he's working). Harder to remember are the co-pay receipts.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Wed Oct 25, 13:35 2017

It shouldn't even be this hard because I only had income 4 times last year, all under the amount that is taxable... but the online form is being silly and not accepting my name on my bank account and argh!
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.