Noisy Hotel Room

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Bork

Noisy Hotel Room

Post by Bork » Sat Nov 18, 22:52 2017

Ugh. I'm in AZ for about a week, in what might be the noisiest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The AC fan is insaaaaaaaaaaaaaanely loud, but if it's not turned to high the room gets super hot so I can either not sleep because I'm hot or not sleep because the fan is loud. I think I've been managing to get to sleep somewhere around 5am the whole time I've been here. Super fun since our alarm is set for 4:27am tomorrow. Yikes. I'm also a bit suspicious that they mess with the AC at night. It doesn't get nearly as cold as it does during the day, nor does it stay cold for as long as it does. I just want to be cocooned in blankets in a freezing cold room. Why is that too much to ask??

The room itself is also not very soundproof. Annoying for two reasons: right by a busy road that people are constantly motorcycling around on, and last night our upstairs neighbor spent most of the time walking around the room. It's a little weird, the floor isn't carpeted which I'm guessing is why I can hear what's going on upstairs so well. And the windows not being super soundproofed wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the really busy road that our room is right by.

This is super annoying. You get a hotel room MAINLY TO SLEEP IN and I'm having such a hard time sleeping in this one. The bed and pillows are really nice, though, so there's that...
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

geldofc

Re: Noisy Hotel Room

Post by geldofc » Sun Nov 19, 13:29 2017

That blows!! I've had problems in hotel rooms too particularly when there's a snorer.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Sun Nov 19, 20:38 2017

As someone in a non-carpeted apartment, I am quite surprised by how much I can hear the downstairs neighbor.

That may have more to do with the 6 year old down there.

Aum

Post by Aum » Tue Nov 21, 17:09 2017

Could earplugs help? Sleeping naked? I'm a light sleeper and I can't adapt to noises unless they're really constant and stable. If they fluctuate at all then it's no dice, like with snoring. I remember in Thailand the room I was in was like a furnace but the A/C was somehow built into the ceiling and made the whole room vibrate loudly. So my choice was to be hot or be bombarded by noise. :(
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue Nov 21, 17:40 2017

I was sleeping in a t shirt, which is about as naked as I'm comfortable sleeping. Had a bit of an easier time sleeping Sunday and Monday, I think partially because there were fewer people revving engines and otherwise using the gas station across the street. I'm pretty excited to be back in my own room, although my upstairs neighbors also have wood floors and are horribly loud so that kind of sucks.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear: