White Supremacists

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

HelloKitty

White Supremacists

Post by HelloKitty » Sun Dec 3, 19:25 2017

When I saw this, I was deeply hurt and offended. Why on earth would anybody want to support such a racist ideology? I heard that she's a feminist; but this is a stab in the back to black people. As a black person, I felt deeply betrayed by this. When it comes to a gay person, I wouldn't do a poll saying that a person who's hostile towards gays should speak and start demanding that the person should speak because I have too much respect for them. As a black person. I found this to be truly hurtful.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQB1_ymUEAAzF_b.jpg

Bork

Re: White Supremacists

Post by Bork » Mon Dec 4, 22:23 2017

I find the idea that letting white supremacists speak is promoting free speech incredibly frustrating. They're spewing hateful ideas that are straight up dangerous for non-white groups of people. It's not okay to give them a platform of any kind.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Dec 5, 9:32 2017

"Free speech" =/= specifically being invited to an event, whether it's about free speech or not. The tweet's appeal to a poll (with a small and biased sample size) was bad enough, but its conflation of an invitation with free speech is worse. Free speech means not having the government or a similar public entity restrict someone from expressing themselves.

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue Dec 5, 14:22 2017

Ugh gross and what everyone else said.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Neko

Post by Neko » Wed Dec 6, 23:57 2017

The "marketplace of ideas" line is getting used a lot lately. I'm already uneasy about the camaraderie of white supremacists, nationalists, and MRAs within the alt-right. The normalization and rationalization of this shit is getting pushed so hard by their online presence. If people begin to agree that "gentle ethnic cleansing" belongs in any marketplace of ideas, I hate to think what else will follow.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Aum

Post by Aum » Sat Dec 9, 14:02 2017

I'm glad that Canada bans hate speech. I never liked the USA's First Amendment. Speech that harms the integrity of society and its most vulnerable people through hatred or promotion of violence should not be allowed.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Thu Dec 14, 18:37 2017

Passed by this topic a while ago. Wasn't sure who this guy was so I goggled him and am like, oh yeah! the preppy white supremacist. I had a good laugh because the first video of him was of him getting sucker punched during an interview. Karma!

All I can say is ditto minus being feminist