How many car accidents have you been in?

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Post by spacebot » Mon Dec 18, 2:00 2017

Plotthickens

Re: How many car accidents have you been in?

Post by Plotthickens » Mon Dec 18, 2:29 2017

Three. One was my fault, one was their fault, one I didn't notice for a minute because the kiss was so good.
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue Dec 19, 13:34 2017

only one bad one. do not recommend.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Dec 19, 13:58 2017

One. The car was hit from behind at a stop light. No injuries, thankfully.

I've never been in one while driving, but there have been a few close calls.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 19, 16:43 2017

One bad one. The whole front was taken off and I was on the side the car was coming from. Aka if the driver of the car I was in had been going a tad faster I think there's a possibility there would have been no more me. Luckily there's still a me.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Wed Dec 20, 15:11 2017

^I'm glad there's still a you!

The worst one I remember, I was stopped in traffic and rear ended at non-traffic speed. I definitely saw the car coming as I was thinking of switching lanes and deciding that that car was probably going to jump into the other lane at the speed it was going, so I'll wait for that car to pass so I don't cause an accident.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Wed Dec 20, 17:48 2017

Whew long list

Me driving: 5 total accidents

3 with me at fault, 2 of the 3 were very minor and one was bumper replacement worthy.
2 not at fault. These were thankfully minor as well. One of these was actually a tow truck sitting at red light that decided to back into me, even though I laid on my horn about 4 seconds before he hit me. Thankfully the person sitting behind me offered to be a witness, which I think kept the tow truck guy honest.

Me not driving

About 8 or so, 3 in childhood and 5 with my ex best friend who used to drink and drive. Hit a lot of gaurd rails and maybe 2 car accidents. 1st was minor. The 2nd was bad. Luckily no one was hurt but the night turned to worse as a large arguement happened, guns were drawn and somehow despite not being part of the arguement, I wound up with burglary charges. Never saw that coming.
After that I met up with my friend and saw he was still drinking and driving thus the title ex best friend.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Dec 21, 5:54 2017

One and it wasn't a bad accident but the airbag deployed and cracked the front window along with smashing up the front. It ruined my cheap little car.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Thu Dec 21, 7:25 2017

One last week. Got rear ended. 3rd car in a 3-car-collision. All 3 vehicles ended up totaled. No major injuries, except for the middle driver's airbag failing to deploy and them banging up their face against the steering wheel. I just *looooove* rushed car shopping and taking on car payments I wasn't counting on.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Dec 21, 11:44 2017

monk

Post by monk » Sat Dec 23, 23:54 2017

if we define "accident" by the car hitting another car or object (tree, ditch, pole etc) I would say 50+. If we define it to just other cars it's more like 7ish
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Tue Dec 26, 14:48 2017

Just a handful of minor ones, I don't spend much time in cars. When I first moved to the city I was in the car with my room mate and he drifted into oncoming traffic and almost hit a fucking garbage truck of all things. I'm pretty sure all three of us in the car would have died if that had happened.

After that I refused to get in the car with him again (he was high on that occasion but I figured it was safer to make it a blanket rule). He used to show up at my work high as a kite and throw a tantrum that I wouldn't accept a ride home with him. I remember him yelling "What are you going to do? Just not drive with me ever again? How are you going to get home?" and yelling back that I was taking the fucking bus just like I do every day he doesn't show up randomly at my work place.
That was probably the first red flag in that relationship.

My mom also almost got us into a few bad crashes, but nothing ever happened while I was in he car.