MRAs are hate groups

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Plotthickens

MRAs are hate groups

Post by Plotthickens » Fri Dec 29, 13:03 2017

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the premier U.S. non-profit organization researching, monitoring, and documenting over 1600 hate groups in the US. They watch groups such as Ku Klux Klan, the neo-Nazi movement, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, antigovernment militias, Christian Identity adherents and others.

The SPLC has identified the "manosphere" (MRA, MRM, MGTOW, PUA, Incel, Anglosphere, etc) as a collective and individual hate group.
Misogyny: The Sites
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... gyny-sites

The so-called “manosphere” is peopled with hundreds of websites, blogs and forums dedicated to savaging feminists in particular and women, very typically American women, in general. Although some of the sites make an attempt at civility and try to back their arguments with facts, they are almost all thick with misogynistic attacks that can be astounding for the guttural hatred they express.

These bastards are either evil or deluded, but either way, thank goodness they're self-segregating and self-labeling. It's like when the driver pulls in with a bad exhaust leak and the radio blasting: you know this is not a trustworthy person.
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

Sonic#

Re: MRAs are hate groups

Post by Sonic# » Fri Dec 29, 17:22 2017

I agree with the general point: the MRA sites I've visited attacked women they disagreed with a lot. There were also often contingents of other forms of bigotry like identarianism and fascism.

That said, one small quibble:
It's like when the driver pulls in with a bad exhaust leak and the radio blasting: you know this is not a trustworthy person.
Isn't this profiling? The MRA sites are toxic because of how they treat feminists and women who disagree with them. The proof is right there in the pudding. The driver with a bad exhaust leak and a radio blasting could have many things explaining their behavior. Maybe they can't afford a better car and appreciate loud music. I guess I was troubled by the statement for its classist assumptions.

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Fri Dec 29, 20:04 2017

Dude, I was trouble on four wheels blasting rat-a-tat!

Seriously though, this was more of a Janet Evanovich reference. Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter, gets her cars blown up so regularly that she only buys clunkers. She has to crank the stereo to cover the moans and wails of the engines/exhaust/brakes. My apologies for the obscure reference.

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Fri Dec 29, 23:24 2017

The MRA isn't a hate group. It's obviously a group like Feminism with moderates ranging through to extremists. Most I have seen are against Feminism in so far as Feminism is it's ideological antithesis. MRA's, far from hating women, have this dumb habit of flocking to the first woman that even somewhat agrees with them.

MRM is the MRA.

MGTOW isn't a group at all. It's an individualistic ideology. It's more prevalent in Japan than the West without even having the mgtow name or "group".

PUA's - I agree with this being a hate group. More than that it's basically a scam.

Incel - I agree. They should let it go.

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Sat Dec 30, 13:46 2017

Pikachu wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 23:24 2017
The MRA isn't a hate group.
I just posted 45 links that prove that the Manosphere is, indeed, a hate group, in response to your scoffing on another thread.

Most I have seen are against Feminism in so far as Feminism is it's ideological antithesis. MRA's, far from hating women, have this dumb habit of flocking to the first woman that even somewhat agrees with them.
Misogyny is easily hidden, yes, but they give themselves away.

f you were allowed to beat your wife we wouldn’t be dealing with this crap.”
“Feminism is a hate movement designed to disenfranchise and dehumanize men.”
“don’t get involved in American women; they’re sluts, skanks, and disease ridden whores.”
there is “undeniable proof” of an international feminist conspiracy involving the United Nations, the Obama Administration and others, aimed at demonizing men.
“American cunts who I want to hate fuck.”

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Sat Dec 30, 13:59 2017

Plotthickens wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 13:46 2017
Pikachu wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 23:24 2017
The MRA isn't a hate group.
I just posted 45 links that prove that the Manosphere is, indeed, a hate group, in response to your scoffing on another thread.

Most I have seen are against Feminism in so far as Feminism is it's ideological antithesis. MRA's, far from hating women, have this dumb habit of flocking to the first woman that even somewhat agrees with them.
Misogyny is easily hidden, yes, but they give themselves away.

f you were allowed to beat your wife we wouldn’t be dealing with this crap.”
“Feminism is a hate movement designed to disenfranchise and dehumanize men.”
“don’t get involved in American women; they’re sluts, skanks, and disease ridden whores.”
there is “undeniable proof” of an international feminist conspiracy involving the United Nations, the Obama Administration and others, aimed at demonizing men.
“American cunts who I want to hate fuck.”

Your 45 links prove very little. Most aren't from MRA's and most are from David Furtrelle, a basement dwelling neckbeard who literally spends his entire life scouring the internet for instances of misogyny for his website, where he knows 99.9% of his readers won''t bother to read the quotations in their original context.

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Sat Dec 30, 14:49 2017

Pikachu wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 13:59 2017
Your 45 links prove very little.
How do the SLPC's designation and my links prove "very little"? What, exactly, is the goalpost you're pointing to?

Most aren't from MRA's and most are from David Furtrelle, a basement dwelling neckbeard who literally spends his entire life scouring the internet for instances of misogyny for his website, where he knows 99.9% of his readers won''t bother to read the quotations in their original context.
Interesting that you had to repeatedly slur Furtrelle's character, do you have any reason for your hatred of him? He's cited by the SLPC as a source, please show why your slurs are more reliable than the Southern Poverty Law Center's choice to use him as a citation?
Plotthickens wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 13:28 2017
Please note that some of these links are to articles on these incidents and not the incidents themselves. I'm choosing in some cases not to link to the primary source because increasing these asshole's income and clicks is not a good idea. The articles that I use as citations will have links to the primary source in the first few paragraphs if you must click it.

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Sat Dec 30, 16:50 2017

Plotthickens wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 14:49 2017

How do the SLPC's designation and my links prove "very little"? What, exactly, is the goalpost you're pointing to?
You don't know the difference between an MRA, an Incel and a PUA. Neither does Furtrelle. You included examples like Elliot Rodger and Matt Forney and Roosh V and Manhood Academy, which to anyone with more than a superficial understanding of the manosphere, sounds absurd. Does this guy sound like an MRA or a PUA? http://www.rooshv.com/mens-rights-has-b ... xual-loser

The answer's a PuA.
Interesting that you had to repeatedly slur Furtrelle's character, do you have any reason for your hatred of him?
He mislabels these groups, and spends all day searching the whole internet for quotes, which anyone can do. Any fool can search for feminists saying how they want to kill all men and they say see? Hate group! It's picking low hanging fruit in order to poison the well. Actual MRA's want to end circumcision, the high male suicide rates, gain support for male victims of domestic violence, end the high male workplace fatalities, end the high male vagrancy statistics, challenge ludicrous scaremongering feminist statistics like the 1 in 5 rape stat, campaign for fathers rights, male reproductive rights, changes to dated divorce settlement policy so it is appropriate to the earning power of modern women, increase funding for prostate cancer, due process for male students accused of rapes at college, and so on.

but no, Furtrelle challenges none of that, he just virtue signals all day by finding misogynist shit posts, most of which ain't even MRA's, and uses that to label the movement a "Hate group".
He's cited by the SLPC as a source, please show why your slurs are more reliable than the Southern Poverty Law Center's choice to use him as a citation?
Why do they need him as a source? Why not do their own research and use the statements in context? Too lazy?
Oh right, they don't want to increase their "income". Which just shows their inherent bias. If it's their job to look into hate groups, then look into the actual source, as in not filtered through David Furtrelle. Who lets face it, is a nobody.