MGTOW: Marriage

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

SimpleMan

MGTOW: Marriage

Post by SimpleMan » Mon Jan 8, 22:56 2018

I have trashed the institution of marriage a lot in this forums, and so far nobody have really challenge me on any I say of it... so I kind of assume that most people in the forum agree with me when I say marriage is one of the worse possible ideas out there...

However I bring the topic up, because I would like to gather opinion on what people think about marriage...

I am starting with my personal opinion:

Marriage have nothing to offer for the man, absolutely zero, there is not a single thing a married man have that the single man does not have... in the other hand the married man have signed a contract where he have give up his life, wealth and, even soul...

Finally the divorce is the biggest scam there could be...

Each party in the marriage have privileges and responsibilities... modern divorce is the woman cutting out all her responsibilities but keeping all her privileges...

She call herself the homemaker and call the man the breadwinner, then demand that she keeps receiving a part of the man's income, while the man can't demand she keeps doing whatever she did... a sandwich?... a man can't go to court and say that he does not know how to cook because all the time she cooked for him, hence she have to keep cooking for him years to come... have anyone hear of anything like that?

Divorce should mean 100% separation both ways... not the woman separating from her responsibilities while the man still bound by his...

I am single, when I want a sandwich, and don't feel like cooking, I just go to a fast food restaurant, I order it however I want it, if it was not prepared right, I don't have to eat it to avoid an argument, I can just say make me a new one... still 100 times cheaper than a marriage, and 1000000 times cheaper than a divorce. And then there is this case of a woman asking in facebook for ideas to make better sandwich for her husband:

Australian Feminists Lose Their Minds Over Facebook Post About Sandwiches
https://www.dailywire.com/news/22084/au ... ly-zanotti#

It is like there is some branch of feminism out there looking for any form of benefit a married man can get from his relationship and just destroy it... a man can't even get a sandwich... so what is the point? I am single and I don't have that drama... what a married man get that a single man is not getting better and cheaper?

And that is my opinion/rant about it.

MFS

Re: MGTOW: Marriage

Post by MFS » Tue Jan 9, 0:18 2018

So... I read this. And now I sit here with a quizzical look upon my face. I am not certain how, or even if I should respond, other than describing this reaction as I am now.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Tue Jan 9, 0:21 2018

Lemme guess. The MGHOW is ignoring the existence of data, pre-nups, and happy marriages?
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 1:13 2018

Plotthickens wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 0:21 2018
Lemme guess. The MGHOW is ignoring the existence of data, pre-nups, and happy marriages?
Prenups are useless.... they are addendum pages added to the marriage contract, they mean nothing, judges throw them out the window all the time.

The way I see it, there is a dialectic game here... kind of what happens in nature when the prey gets faster and so the predator does the same, and so on...

My perception is that men that want to have a family is constantly looking for ways to protect money in case stuff doesn't work, and women is constantly pushing for laws that get them that money hence voiding the male effords...

For instance men can think they live with the woman but does not marriage her, hence she can't make economical claims, then the law change and we have cohabitation, which basically means a divorce without a marriage... the same happened to prenups, everyone was crazy about them in the 90s, the mid 2000s the judges started to void them, then today nobody takes them seriously...

Here an example of prenups being worthless:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5333445&page=1

It happens all the time.

The same deal is going on with consent, by the way... Recently there was an app that the man and woman have, the man send the sex request to the woman account and she click yes or not... arguing that it was a legal record... app failed first week out. A woman claimed she was raped, her claim was that she went to the bathroom leaving her phone on the table then he click the yes for her.... So far states with affirmative consent have not provide a safe way to have sex and not risking rape allegations... every effort to create a safe way gets legally destroyed... so they now playing similar dialectics games about consent. The same goes for many other things.

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 1:18 2018

MFS wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 0:18 2018
So... I read this. And now I sit here with a quizzical look upon my face. I am not certain how, or even if I should respond, other than describing this reaction as I am now.
HI, thanks for your comment.

I'd say you just give your opinion on the topic, and that is it, lol. I certainly would like to see your opinion.

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Tue Jan 9, 4:27 2018

MFS wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 0:18 2018

Bro I'm so confused I went outside; the wind changed and now I have perma-stroke face. plz send cats.
:australia: :b2: :b3: :b4: :b1:

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Tue Jan 9, 4:37 2018

I make more money than my husband. He also likes to cook. We’re trying this new age feminist idea that we both just do what we’re good at. Is this crazy, are we doomed or what?
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Tue Jan 9, 4:49 2018

spacefem wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 4:37 2018
I make more money than my husband. He also likes to cook. We’re trying this new age feminist idea that we both just do what we’re good at. Is this crazy, are we doomed or what?

Hell naw. My husband is all bitch I poured you a scotch and made you a candlelight bubble bath, hoe. Now go do you some relaxation while I troll on ps4.

Husband for life over here :)

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Jan 9, 5:23 2018

TIL that SimpleMan thinks the average woman's income is a sandwich?

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Tue Jan 9, 5:27 2018

He kinda sounds like he thinks we're literally ball-and-chains. Yowzers.

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Tue Jan 9, 6:05 2018

Normally it goes like this.

- Woman earns more than husband.
- Is the one who bears the kids.
- Won't touch apron wearing husband with a 10 ft barge pole.

https://www.thecut.com/2015/07/what-ope ... inism.html

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Tue Jan 9, 8:00 2018

My partner just got a huge raise so I'm the one staying home with the kid. I don't make sandwiches. My partner is sad and regrets ever hooking up with me, but too late, I've trapped him by having his child and making sure the apartment is in my name. He has no where to go and is forced to deal with me making roasts and meatloaf and lasagna instead of sandwiches. Muahahahaha. All it took was four years of NSA sex, and six years of monogamous sex + cohabitation.
Women like me truly are evil.

On the serious side, does anyone actually have any experience with prenups? Do you just walk into a family law office and ask for one? Do you both need your own lawyers?

Plotthickens

Post by Plotthickens » Tue Jan 9, 8:54 2018

Nope, not two lawyers... just one. You have to sign an indemnification later that the butthurt one won't sue the lawyer for just doing her job. No biggie.
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj gerbils vISop

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 9:16 2018

spacefem wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 4:37 2018
The theory goes that women usually look for men better than her when it comes to partners...

The reality now is that women are out incoming men... so something somewhere have to give.

The problem is not about liking or disliking to cook... in my opinion it would be about schedules, as in, who have time for what.

Still I would appreciate if you tell me what your husband is getting that a single man can't get? And sorry iask it this way, but that is kind of the MGTOW philosophy...

Though You can also talk about hat you are getting out of a relationship ship too... if you want.

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 9:28 2018

Taurwen wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 8:00 2018
My partner just got a huge raise so I'm the one staying home with the kid. I don't make sandwiches. My partner is sad and regrets ever hooking up with me, but too late, I've trapped him by having his child and making sure the apartment is in my name. He has no where to go and is forced to deal with me making roasts and meatloaf and lasagna instead of sandwiches. Muahahahaha. All it took was four years of NSA sex, and six years of monogamous sex + cohabitation.
Women like me truly are evil.

On the serious side, does anyone actually have any experience with prenups? Do you just walk into a family law office and ask for one? Do you both need your own lawyers?
Do you also have an escape plan? like if stuff does not work out... you have an idea of what to do to pull the plug and you are ready?

For prenups, the way it works is that when the idea comes up each one should come with points to include in it... women favorite one is something about if someone cheats the other one gets 100%... it's a trap, but many men fell for it... anyway... each one includes what they want in the prenup, then find a lawyer to type that stuff in legal wordings, then before you sign, you say you want a copy to study it and go to your own layer and make sure he/she explains all the legal consequences of each point, ask for changes if you need to... stuff like that...

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 9:34 2018

Sonic# wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 5:23 2018
TIL that SimpleMan thinks the average woman's income is a sandwich?
I picked in the sandwich because I know it is a very trouble meal for feminism...

Anyway, what a married man gets that a single man does not also get?

Mordak

Post by Mordak » Tue Jan 9, 9:38 2018

I know something you don't get at all, mate.

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 9:49 2018

Pikachu wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 6:05 2018
Normally it goes like this.

- Woman earns more than husband.
- Is the one who bears the kids.
- Won't touch apron wearing husband with a 10 ft barge pole.

https://www.thecut.com/2015/07/what-ope ... inism.html
That on the link... so basically... they are roomates.

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 9:51 2018

Mordak wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 9:38 2018
I know something you don't get at all, mate.
Perhaps...

All I talk here is mostly theory, I have never being married, and I grew up in a single parent home... so...

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Jan 9, 10:43 2018

Anyway, what does a married man gets that a single man does not also get?
Why the focus on the "man"?

Anyway, I'll copy and paste a list from Wikipedia and bold the ones I've directly benefited from, either in my marriage or the marriages of family:
  • Right to benefits while married:
    Employment assistance and transitional services for spouses of members being separated from military service; continued commissary privileges
    Per diem payment to spouse for federal civil service employees when relocating
    Indian Health Service care for spouses of Native Americans (in some circumstances)
    Sponsor husband/wife for immigration benefits
    Larger benefits under some programs if married, including:
    Veteran's disability
    Supplemental Security Income
    Disability payments for federal employees
    Medicaid
    Property tax exemption for homes of totally disabled veterans
    Income tax deductions, credits, rates exemption, and estimates
    Wages of an employee working for one's spouse are exempt from federal unemployment tax[3]
    Joint and family-related rights:
    Joint filing of bankruptcy permitted
    Joint parenting rights, such as access to children's school records
    Family visitation rights for the spouse and non-biological children, such as to visit a spouse in a hospital or prison
    Next-of-kin status for emergency medical decisions or filing wrongful death claims
    Custodial rights to children, shared property, child support, and alimony after divorce
    Domestic violence intervention
    Access to "family only" services, such as reduced rate memberships to clubs & organizations or residency in certain neighborhoods
    Preferential hiring for spouses of veterans in government jobs
    Tax-free transfer of property between spouses (including on death) and exemption from "due-on-sale" clauses.
    Special consideration to spouses of citizens and resident aliens
    Threats against spouses of various federal employees is a federal crime
    Right to continue living on land purchased from spouse by National Park Service when easement granted to spouse
    Court notice of probate proceedings
    Domestic violence protection orders
    Existing homestead lease continuation of rights
    Regulation of condominium sales to owner-occupants exemption
    Funeral and bereavement leave
    Joint adoption and foster care
    Joint filing of taxes (see filing status)
    Insurance licenses, coverage, eligibility, and benefits organization of mutual benefits society
    Legal status with stepchildren
    Making spousal medical decisions
    Spousal non-resident tuition differential waiver
    Permission to make funeral arrangements for a deceased spouse, including burial or cremation
    Right of survivorship of custodial trust
    Right to change surname upon marriage
    Right to enter into prenuptial agreement
    Right to inheritance of property
    Spousal privilege in court cases (the marital confidences privilege and the spousal testimonial privilege)
    For those divorced or widowed, the right to many of ex- or late spouse's benefits, including:
    Social Security pension
    Veteran's pensions, indemnity compensation for service-connected deaths, medical care, and nursing home care, right to burial in veterans' cemeteries, educational assistance, and housing
    survivor benefits for federal employees
    Survivor benefits for spouses of longshoremen, harbor workers, railroad workers
    Additional benefits to spouses of coal miners who die of black lung disease
    $100,000 to spouse of any public safety officer killed in the line of duty
    Continuation of employer-sponsored health benefits
    Renewal and termination rights to spouse's copyrights on death of spouse
    Continued water rights of spouse in some circumstances
    Payment of wages and workers compensation benefits after worker death
    Making, revoking, and objecting to post-mortem anatomical gifts
Besides that, symbolic and spiritual edification. Marriage means more to me.

I'm not strongly pro-marriage. I don't think it's necessary for happiness, and under other circumstances I would be pretty happy while single. The reasons for getting married are partly personal and existential and partly institutional.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Tue Jan 9, 10:56 2018

SimpleMan wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 9:28 2018
Do you also have an escape plan? like if stuff does not work out... you have an idea of what to do to pull the plug and you are ready?

... women favorite one is something about if someone cheats the other one gets 100%... it's a trap, but many men fell for it... anyway...
Of course I do. As does he. We also have plans for if one of us dies, or there's a fire in our apartment, if an ice storm cuts power to our building for an extended time, if one or both of us develop a debilitating disease. We're adults, specifically we're adults with responsibilities, it's only logical that we have plans for worse case scenarios.

I am super curious to know how something that's explicitly stated can be a trap though.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Tue Jan 9, 11:19 2018

I dont believe there is essentially nothing in marraige for men. I do believe laws make it easy for a vengeful woman to try to ruin a mans life in marraige and outside of it.

Marraige itself is something men honestly want as well. Its just in most cases it doesn't go according to plan. Realisticly in most failed marraiges both parties share responsibility.

The main mistake Migtow makes is ignoring the fact there are good marraiges and there are more than what migtow gives credit for.

However most of Migtows beef lies in the way society has taught women. Honestly women feel entitled to a lot of stuff that falls under patriarchy. However women have broke free from patriarchy. While its still considered a patriarchal society, its structure is destroyed since women basocally want to shed their restraints along with their responsibilties etc. Yet women still have the benefits of living in a patriarchal society as they shift into getting more, which has tipped the scales so to speak.

The result is women no longer tolerate words like obligation and responsibity when it pertains to men, but many men still believe in those things for themselves when it comes to women. The fault in structure is also breaking apart marraiges as a man may have limited patriarchal expectations but women have 0 obligations to anyone else. As a whole they are in the, I decide what I do phase, which isnt very compromising or adult for that matter (opinion) when considering shared goals.

This all limits the amount of women available who are closer to patriarchal beliefs. Thus marraige these days will continue to have a hard time perhaps harder as it continues

From dating to marraige to divorce, everything right now by default, is in womens favor while they shed obligated responsibility and submission. While men retain their obligations and submission. So finding the right woman for a patriarchal man is about as hard as MGTOW says it is but is not necessarily unachievable

I dont know a man alive whos woman asks for money for something and brings the change back lol

By nature men are givers and women are recievers. A large portion of women have crossed over into takers and the demand list is long. They don't consider men givers so the ignorance of that scenario has made them uncompromising. Meanwhile there is no reason for givers to give in that scenario and thus the birth of MGTOW.

As society tries to cater to most groups old structures will fall. I only see a lasting disorganization as result

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 19:19 2018

Sonic# wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 10:43 2018
Why the focus on the "man"?
I am selfish.
Anyway, I'll copy and paste a list from Wikipedia and bold the ones I've directly benefited from, either in my marriage or the marriages of family:
Very interesting list, most of it I think is just sillys stuff, some other points might worth something, but I don't know how much...
Besides that, symbolic and spiritual edification. Marriage means more to me.
Uh...
I'm not strongly pro-marriage. I don't think it's necessary for happiness, and under other circumstances I would be pretty happy while single. The reasons for getting married are partly personal and existential and partly institutional.
I am mostly cool with all this, except the institutional part...

Anyway, I have being thinking that maybe I am not really adequate for this debate about marriage... I did research about 10 years ago, but stuff have changed... i guess...

Definitely no easy to do social critic when I have separated myself from society over a decade ago...

Today I interacted with 5 people, in person, total...

1 of them was actually a restaurant I got a sandwich from... other 3 where coworkers, and then mother... I would estimate 30 minutes total for all of them.

I am considering That I don't really know that well how people around me actually lives.

SimpleMan

Post by SimpleMan » Tue Jan 9, 19:35 2018

Taurwen wrote:
Tue Jan 9, 10:56 2018
I am super curious to know how something that's explicitly stated can be a trap though.
It works this way:

The woman refuses sex with the husband, and hires a private detective to follow the man.

Usually in the first 2 weeks of not conjugal sex the idiot ends up seeking another woman, private investigator takes some pictures.

In a case in NY, after a month of not results with the private investigator, the woman invited to sleep in the house a very promiscuous friend and sent the man to the sofa, that finally did the trick.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Tue Jan 9, 20:22 2018

If a man can't go two weeks without sex, and then cheats instead of demanding something like couples counselling I tend to agree that he is, indeed, an idiot.