Tangled: The Series (no spoilers)

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Unvoiced_Apollo

Tangled: The Series (no spoilers)

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sun Jan 21, 5:19 2018

The first season of Tangled, which take place after the events of the movie (and the made-for-TV sequel) but before the Tangled Ever After Short, just ended. And overall I actually liked it (of course I might be biased...*points to avatar*). It started out kind of episodic with some basic lessons like a lot of kids' shows do, though it had bits of continuity here and there. However, as the show got closer to the end of the season, certain elements started coming together. We get to see development of the king and queen and their personalities & actions bring a new context to their emotional states in this scenes from the movie.

Decisions characters make make have some clear and sometimes interesting, incredibly unintended consequences that affect the world and those living there. The king/father is unfortunately the stereotypical, overprotective character though I do think the history and motivations are different enough from other where, while he might not be justified, it might be easier to see why he might thing he is. The first season is a slow burn to get to the more interesting portion, but there is a lot of compelling elements not just for kids but adults as well. It already has a second season in the works and I'm looking forward to it.

rowan

Re: Tangled: The Series (no spoilers)

Post by rowan » Tue Jan 23, 14:54 2018

Interesting, I didn't know they made a series. :) Is the second season supposed to go after the short, then?
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue Jan 23, 19:03 2018

What???? They a series????? And wait, what short? I am so out of the loop. Although I really liked Tangled the Movie, so I'm definitely going to have to try finding Tangled the Series, especially if you liked it.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue Jan 23, 20:27 2018

Am I the only one who is tickled that it's still "Tangled" even after she cut her hair? :P
Bork wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 19:03 2018
And wait, what short? I am so out of the loop.
If you have Netflix, search Disney Short Films Collection. That compilation includes the Tangled short and other entertaining entries.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Jan 25, 21:06 2018

rowan wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 14:54 2018
Interesting, I didn't know they made a series. :) Is the second season supposed to go after the short, then?
The series as a whole takes place before the short.
Bork wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 19:03 2018
What???? They a series????? And wait, what short? I am so out of the loop. Although I really liked Tangled the Movie, so I'm definitely going to have to try finding Tangled the Series, especially if you liked it.
There's a short called "Tangled Ever After" in which Flynn & Rapunzel are getting married, and hijinks ensue when Max & Pascal lose the rings. The series takes place in between the events of the movie and that short.

The short was released, as mentioned by DarkOne, as part of a collection of shorts (which also includes Frozen Fever), but was also released with the Diamond Edition of Cinderella and premiered in the 2012 theatrical re-release of Beauty & the Beast.

I do recommend watching the movie I mention below as it does set up the series.
DarkOne wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 20:27 2018
Am I the only one who is tickled that it's still "Tangled" even after she cut her hair? :P
As I mentioned, there's also a made-for-tv movie, Tangled Before Ever After, that sets up the series. Since this was part of the tv preview...I don't mind spoiling this but...
the hair grows back and it does not have the same qualities it did in the movie, aside from the golden locks.