Pokemon go quest system

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Rainbow Dolphins

Pokemon go quest system

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sat Mar 31, 2:48 2018

OK, does anyone else here still play this game? This quest update is the biggest revamp they have done since the raid system was introduced and I really think it adds a lot to the game. You gather research tasks and complete in-game actions for rewards ranging from XP to items to pokemon encounters.

It's gotten to where going out and raiding seemed like a *chore* at times, especially since it's been winter, you have to rely on other people (you can only solo so many Magikarp raids before you get bored) and sometimes they don't show, I got so bored that I actually stopped playing for a few weeks. Like, when I started again I had people in my normal pogo group asking what happened to me. And I'm an obsessed player, to put things in perspective. This update actually makes catching the same boring pokemon exciting again! I played for almost 4 hours straight today, and after figuring by how many eggs I hatched it turned out I walked about six miles. I ran into several other people playing during my adventure. It was almost like when the game first came out.

If you used to play and put the game down I suggest picking it up again. I love that the new features are at your own pace, can be done solo and at any time of the day. I work in food service so I have crazy work hours, often I am at work the entire time raids are available during the day. The new quest system means you can pick it up at any time and have a goal to work towards. The fact that it is new and everyone is still figuring out how it works is fun as well, you feel like you are really part of a community. There aren't as many players as there were when the game first started, but I think a pretty devoted following remains.

What do you guys think of this new feature and what do you think of the game? Anyone want to compare pokedexes?
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

spacefem

Re: Pokemon go quest system

Post by spacefem » Sat Mar 31, 4:05 2018

My Pokédex is at 339 :)

I did not play for four hours today but the adventures are pretty fun, and it’s a chance for me to maybe get a mewtoo someday which is about given up on. I raid with a group once a week here, we used to be a gym takedown league but when the gyms changed to way too easy we started raiding instead. It’s kinda fun but after a few weeks of catching kyogres you really stop caring. I’m missing some legendaries because if you can’t put them in gyms what’s the point.

I still love the game. I was really happy that the first little quest earned me an incubator because that’s where all my coins go and the coin limit is so low it takes three days to get a dang incubator! Having two accounts helps with that, you don’t go through them as fast.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one still training!
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Sun Apr 1, 16:01 2018

I still play! And I totally agree, the new features are super cool. I'm not as active as a lot of folks, but I at least try to get my daily spins and catches. There's also a gym within range of my desk at work, so if there's a raid going on there I'll often jump in even if I don't go outside to meet up with others. I only just got on Discord and it's definitely a game changer when it comes to raids.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

rowan

Post by rowan » Sun Apr 1, 18:25 2018

Aw that's cool, maybe I'll pick it up again. Though probably not until it's warmer and dog and I can go for more walks.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Mon Apr 2, 0:19 2018

I actually like that they changed the raid system, because now I feel like the game is more cooperative than competitive- we all kind of look out for each other and make sure everyone gets their coins, rather than fighting over the gyms. There is only one gym in a park near my home and the competition between the pogo players who live in the neighborhood was brutal. No one could occupy that thing long enough to get anything out of it. Don't even get me started on the college campus. Now we wait 'til someone's occupied for a few hours and take over. If a gym gets stale someone calls it out on the group and it gets turned over.

I think it's a really different experience in a small town, too. One of my raid buddies told me when he was abroad, he'd go to a legendary raid and there would be 40 people milling around. Kind of crazy. We can't even get the 9 people together at one time to take down a Lugia.

I'm on level three of special research (gotta walk my buddy 3km) and my pokedex is at 318. My ultimate goal is to get to 100% on gen 1 (that's the set I grew up with) and I'm at 147/151. I can't find any info about actually catching mew; I'm so worried he's going to run away on me. Surely someone has caught this guy by now! I thought pokemon encounters under the research system were 100% catch rate but then I had a couple bounce out on me.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

MFS

Post by MFS » Wed Apr 4, 19:23 2018

recent quest was to make it to level 15... I giggled a little.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Sun Apr 8, 16:28 2018

I still play! Though mostly while on a bus somewhere to a different part of town. Liking the new quest system though since I'm not much of a social player. I've finally joined a whatsapp group for my area but not actually made it out yet to meet them...

Got all my quests in today and got a Moltres encounter, which I then caught :)

My Pokedex is 261/328 so far...
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Apr 9, 17:10 2018

BUT NACHOS DO YOU PLAY FLUTTER I SENT YOU A GIFT
sorry moths are my thing now

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Tue Apr 10, 8:40 2018

rowan wrote:
Mon Apr 9, 17:10 2018
BUT NACHOS DO YOU PLAY FLUTTER I SENT YOU A GIFT
sorry moths are my thing now
I play Flutter like all the time. WHERE CAN I FIND MY GIFTS??

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue Apr 10, 13:24 2018

it should just show up in your forest :( but it's in the moth one, starlight:flutter

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Thu Apr 12, 13:17 2018

rowan wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 13:24 2018
it should just show up in your forest :( but it's in the moth one, starlight:flutter
Ah! That explains it. I gave up on Starlight but still play Flutter and Splash. Maybe I'll download it again ;)