silly destressers

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

rowan

silly destressers

Post by rowan » Thu Apr 26, 13:46 2018

What are some weird / silly / small things you do to de-stress?

I like to go look at the puppers from the shelter I adopted my pupper from. We can't get another dog but I fall in love with them all and then am happy every time I see one get adopted. They're all such good dogs :lol: They usually post new dogs on Weds and already I have fallen in love with all of them they are so cute! I
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

DarkOne

Re: silly destressers

Post by DarkOne » Thu Apr 26, 14:40 2018

Adult coloring stresses me more than de-stresses me. And the shelter also usually depresses me more than it makes me happy because my husband won't enable my crazy cat lady tendencies. I like light gardening (weeding, pruning, watering, spraying, no heavy work), and some me-time -- solo dining and window shopping at the downtown district novelty/vintage shops usually make me feel better. I also really like SOLO driving on the highway with an audiobook in.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Thu Apr 26, 15:18 2018

I make tea.

Heating up the water, washing the mug, setting them out to dry as the water finishes heating, finding the right flavor, steeping, blowing on the water surface to feel the steam rise, taking that first tentative kiss-sip - it's a centering ritual I can do even if things are very busy for me.

In a pinch I'll stand on one leg (good for waiting-in-line anxiety), make a paper airplane, doodle in the margins of whatever I have, or roll up a Traveller character.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Thu Apr 26, 17:57 2018

Oh and putting on nail polish. Which is dumb because my nails are nubs.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Fri Apr 27, 6:09 2018

I like to sit on high things or lie on the ground under tables. I think it calms my caveman brain down but it definitely makes people around you nervous. lol
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

lizpoona

Post by lizpoona » Fri Apr 27, 12:59 2018

Once every few months, I like to go to my favorite electronic store (Fry's, if you happen to know it) which has a little cafe in the middle of it. They make this special drink called a Hypershake, which is just a vanilla milkshake with 3 shots of espresso.

So, I get a shake and then just walk around the store for like an hour, drinking the shake and looking at computers and games and random stuff. Occasionally I might buy something that I need, but usually I quietly leave without purchasing anything.

There's just something calming and nostalgic about that place for me, and I'm not sure why. I just like it - not all Fry's, just that particular location. The atmosphere is really calming to me. The shake is also pretty good - there's really no wrong way to do vanilla and espresso. I'll be sad as shit if that place ever goes away.
:trek: :alien: :trek:

MFS: Darwinism is failing

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Sun Apr 29, 14:18 2018

Omg I love looking at puppies at the shelter. It makes me a little sad I can’t adopt more.:/ Lately I like watching slime mixing and recipe videos on YouTube and Instagram. Sooo relaxing!
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Mon Apr 30, 13:59 2018

Its kind of hard to stress me out, but when I do get stressed out I smoke bud and turn on the playstation. The silly part is, I usually spend like half an hour or more zoning out on the initial menus. By the time I even get to the game whatever I was stressing about is distant...hopefully lol

metawidget

Post by metawidget » Mon Apr 30, 14:45 2018

Clean and lube the chain and gears on all the bikes on the household.
we generally act as a collective in my pants.
--Dragonrider

We do not baptize our members, but we do encourage bathing from time to time.
--Draak
:quebec: :canada:

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Apr 30, 14:46 2018

You can come do that for my bike anytime lol
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Mon Apr 30, 15:55 2018

Seriously though. My bike too! lol
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Aum

Post by Aum » Wed May 2, 2:56 2018

I love going for long walks at night when most people are at home and in bed, blasting my ipod. I can walk huge distances. I'll stop in my favourite parks to stretch on the monkey bars and benches before moving on. I have a rich inner fantasy life so it's win-win when I can exercise my body while letting my imagination run wild to music. Night time is so soothing and I almost never run into anyone, except for the odd person doing the exact same thing I am, lol. Or the occasional cat that wants a little petting and to walk with me for a while.

And of course... writing, including visiting forums like this one! One of my fav ways to de-stress and just be stream of thought. There is so much of my content on the web from years and years of random posting, I feel like a piece of my soul is one with the internet!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.