What is male privilege?

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

Post Reply
Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Wed Jun 13, 14:57 2018

If the term "male priviledge" directly means seats of power are filled by men, then perhaps a different term should be used. Upon hearing it, in some males it incites a bitter response, especially in middle class and below for good reason. Its too broad sounding a term.

Male privlidge vs white privilidge.

White privilidge refers to a whole broad spectrum of benefits for those individuals who fit the criteria. Jobs, social status, opportunity, power, and a overall livelihood.

Male priviledge can't possibly only refer to just men in job positions. If so that should be specified. Mens job/work priviledge or something of that nature.

Male priviledge by wording assumes that men have benefits over women in society.

This where I get kind of ignorant by generalizing so excuse me. Women, especially under certain age, as a whole are usually never satisfied. My belief, in all of this, is that, even if women actually had more priviledge than men their tendency for dissatisfaction would cause them to believe otherwise as they are focused on their own specific gripes with society.

Feminism does try to justify equality by interjecting issues about gender for males but none of these issues are really that...deep. Major advantages women have in society are usually not addressed or are rubutled by using limited statistics.

For the record statistics help get a general idea but the number of statistics and accuracy needed to get the full scope of any issue is almost infinite. Much like how svientists start with a base (I forgot the term) then run multiple other tests trying to cover every angle. Women get paid less have worse jobs, which jobs do women have the corner on? Which jobs do women get paid more than men? Which jobs are already fair to both? What is the balance of the job market overall? How many people are suited to become CEO's? How many people are the top qualified and what people already have their foot in the door to be a CEO? What people dont have a icecubes shot in hell at becoming CEO's?

Even from the post to sum things up. There are more male ceo's than female so for that reason, its determined that men (overall) have an unfair advantage and ceo by just looking at the numbers and making assumptions. Based on those assumtions and limited statistics, feminists have produced ways to correct the situation. However if the assumtion is imperfect such corrections could make things more unfair for any people not taken into account.

All in all I believe to overcome priviledge we must ignore gender specific benefits and make things fair for people of all walks, creed, and color male or female. If that is not done, then imbalance will remain, and feminisms "fixes" will be what people who havent been taken into account will be fighting in the job market. Apply that logic to a whole slew of feminism fixes and issues.

Sorry bout the lack of quotes but I'm in a rush currently.

Stories and movies with men as stars? Who wrote the story? What was their vision?

The other day I was watching a show where a woman was being attacked by a man. She easily knocked away his gun and jacked him up against a wall even though he outweighs her by at least 130 lbs. Is this what feminism wants? I mean fictional stories dont have to be realistic but you can tell feminism is having an effect in society. Is it always realistic? Of course not. I dont have too many gripes but I hate that its pushed or inserted sometimes where it shouldnt be.

User avatar
Enigma
member
member
Posts: 3986
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 10:22 2004
Location: Canada

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 13, 16:50 2018

Skeesy: I went ahead and split your post out into it's own thread. It seems like you have a lot of questions which might turn into a larger discussion then we generally aim to have in the FAQ.

I actually find your post extremely interesting. You seem to accept and have a good understanding of white privilege and how it can touch on many different aspects of life in varying degrees but when it comes to male privilege you seem to be focusing only on the lighter topics. I notice you skimmed right over two of the topics spacefem mentions in the first post – economic power and sexual violence. Those are two extremely serious topics which I see affecting women I know and those I don't on a regular basis. I find this fascinating because it demonstrates one of the strangest things about the concept of privilege, namely that it's largely invisible to those benefiting from it.

Because you seem to understand the concept in other circumstances I'd like you to take a look at this list of examples someone else compiled. I recommend scrolling down straight to the harassment and work sections for the harder hitting problems. https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/16 ... privilege/

You mentioned “feminism's fixes” in the context of a workplace. I'm not sure what sort of fixes you're concerned about.

In regards to your example of a strong female character – basically no. I mean unless she's a superhero or otherwise in extremely good shape. When we say strong female character usually we aren't referring to her physical strength. Most commonly it's a criticism of the flimsy one dimensional characters we're often given which seem to only exist to further the male character's storyline. I personally want more realistic, interesting, complex female characters in my media. More like the women I meet in my daily life.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Thu Jun 14, 8:55 2018

Well that link was a tall order.

Many many points made about priviledge and as a male reading that. My response is a bit harsh.

As stated before. Women are never satisfied. I did see some good points bout out of hundreds of things listed only about 12 or so I found so be legit and not stereotypical assumption.

Women don t walk in men shoes so all those points are made from the outside looking in. Bear with me. Men are veiwed at the top. Im going to compare this to a child to parent relationship. However, when you become an adult you realize the perception you had as a child was not quite accurate when you yourself are in that position.

From the childs perspective parents rule with an iron fist and children aren't free to live their choices free of punishment. The perception of the dynamic is changed and realized.

For me thats the best scenario I can use to describe that list.

Women getting hustled by car dealers, being stalked by want to be suitors etc. Many things on that list arent even gender specific. They happen to men to and treatment is more based on individual situations that women have found to be gripes. Like griping at life itself. They are uncontrollable annoyances. At least 40% of that list is. Life is never going to be without inconvenience, sorry. Thats life.

Everything slut related I believe has to do with societies movement away from relegion and more towards atheism and even satanism. There are a number of diseases and cancers that are created from women having multiple partners. Scientists recently found that womens brains store part of the dna from every partner they have sex with.

Women not being called slutsb for sleeping around and thinking men have no inner discrepency about sleeping around is because they frankly, watch too much tv. Married or men in relationships do look down on men who cheat. Also there are a number of men who are too permiscuous and spreading std's. A large portion of the people who are and want to be permiscuous are part of the problem of society. Thats just my own personal view of the slut factor. I see nothing wrong with single women dating around or getting a little kinky. Honestly you cant stop women from being called sluts as long as men are dating them and discrepencies arise. Its usually ment as an insult much like when certain people use thw N word. Its has hardly anything to do with societies structure and is based more off social dynamics. A lot of it individual attitude and choice of words.


I actually laughed at the would be suitors stalking women. Thats infatuation and is completely based on the individual. Its very frowned upon by males. I remember I once followed a girl I liked in kindergarten. Ive had a women stalk me on a college campus. Its individual based.


I can however see womens gripe about sexuality is mostly based off the predator prey dynamic of it all. Men are constantly chasing women. It can be blamed on society buts its been a part of every society even animals can't escape this. One gender chases the other more.


As far the workplace. I have mixed feelings. I understand the want shed stereotypes and harassment. Scenarios are hard describe because jobs are so varied.

For instance, "Someone asks someone of another gender a question that should've been directed towards you"

There are tons of reasons that happens. That happens to me at my job and I frankly dont care lol. Im in charge of half the building. Without the title of manager I was already leading when I was 20. Due to my age of course, someone in their late 50's assumes I dont know much when really I direct pretty much everything.

Women work in the office. Out of 4 there is only one that I go to because I know she knows how to do what I'm asking and looks for all the loose ends and knows exactly what I need. The others mught know how to do what I'm asking, but they dont pay attention enough to check all the loose ends even though they have been here for months or even years. Thats only my job so I cant speak for every situation.

For my job no, it would not be desirable to have a woman run the place or anyone who doesnt know every inch of every aspect. Anyone who thinks they can manage or come up with answers without ever getting their hands dirty and learning all the specifics of every detail and whats involved is delusional. Yes we have had corperate men make stupid suggestiong and we've had corperate women make even more stupid ones because they want to feel imprtant but dont know crap about how to do what we are doing.

As far as a woman being on the floor with the guys. She would have to be willing to do what it takes to get the job done. If that means climbing about 15 feet in the air or lifting, hammering etc. I have yet to see a woman want to work here in a position thats not office, in 15 years.

Pms assumtions?
I mean if your acting bitchy thats the 1st thing that comes to mind. No suggestion of changing their own attitude, which I see as the problem
Last edited by Skeezy on Thu Jun 14, 10:31 2018, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sonic#
member
member
Posts: 5538
Joined: Sat Nov 7, 9:37 2009
Location: Georgia, US

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Sonic# » Thu Jun 14, 10:27 2018

First, there were several facts I found dubious, but I really had to double-check this one:
There are a number of diseases and cancers that are created from women having multiple partners. Scientists recently found that womens brains store part of the dna from every partner they have sex with.
The fuck? This really didn't make sense from my understanding of biology or sex. So I found this Snopes article, which broke down how the claim was false. I'll summarize:
1. Women were found to have "male" cells with Y chromosomes in their brain in a 2012 study. This was most likely due to gestating a male fetus, but could also be from blood transfusions, a vanished or existing male twin, or from being gestated in the same womb as an older male sibling.
2. The possibility of incorporating male DNA from unprotected sex hasn't been demonstrated through these studies. At best, it is one of several guesses, not a phenomenon that has been shown under direct study.
3. Even if such transmission is possible, it is untrue that it would pertain to every partner.
4. In short, the popular articles making this claim have mixed and exaggerated other sources to make an ultimately false claim.

I also don't understand what idea you were trying to support by bringing this up.

Second, I agree with Enigma that you're raising some interesting questions, but I also think that you're picking apart some items without attending to their larger context. For example, even if everyone has the potential to experience some items (like condescension from mechanics or stalking), women more often experience these from men. (In one data set, one of six women and one of 19 men experienced stalking during their lifetime. One of 19 means that stalking happens to a lot of men too, but that shouldn't downplay the fact that women are three times more likely to be stalked. A problem can be both individual and have large-scale causes and consequences.)

When I see men earning more money than women in equivalent positions, men in more lucrative positions, men receiving more promotions to management, men having higher rates of success at negotiation, men being more interested in particular lines of work, and so on, I conclude that large-scale factors exist that have promoted these rates of success. After all, women seem just as intellectually capable, just as capable of asserting themselves, just as interested at early ages in the STEM or business fields that would be lucrative later. Ideas of difference, like "predator prey dynamics" or "testosterone gaps," strike me as pop culture explanations that don't agree with the available science. Testosterone does not really explain most social differences, human and animal sexuality has taken many forms that are cooperative rather than predatorial, and so on. These explanations are really expressions of social and cultural bias towards men, myths that seek a hardwired excuse for male privilege. What we actually see are (on the one hand) small differences on average between women and men and (on the other hand) social and cultural dynamics that overvalue qualities associated with men and undervalue qualities associated with women, while also encouraging people to segregate their perceptions of these qualities into masculine and feminine groups: many people think an assertive man is excellent but an assertive woman is undesirable.

Male privilege also risks becoming a myth, and some of your questions poke at the limits of this explanation. Perhaps there are also other explanations for some of these events. That said, because resumes with women's names are judged more harshly than resumes with men's names, because gender is more predictive of teaching evaluations than performance, because women using the same tactics of negotiation as men experience punitive action more often, and because mentors less often help women advance in their field, it is clear to me that men still experience great advantages in the workplace. I think there are some "yes, and" explanations, or explanations that operate alongside male privilege. I don't think male privilege can be denied.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Thu Jun 14, 12:41 2018

Sonic# wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 10:27 2018
First, there were several facts I found dubious, but I really had to double-check this one:


When I see men earning more money than women in equivalent positions, men in more lucrative positions, men receiving more promotions to management, men having higher rates of success at negotiation, men being more interested in particular lines of work, and so on, I conclude that large-scale factors exist that have promoted these rates of success.
As far as DNA in the brain. I tap. Popped up on my facebook feed on wednesday and I dont feel like finding and citing an article that might be dubious so... Point taken.

My question has always been outside of statistics in the highest desired positions and from the net. Where do you see that at when you leave your house? I see quite the opposite on average.

Only speaking for most urban areas in america

Lets start at fast food. When you go to a fast foood place who takes your order and serves you? They make slightly more than the people flipping burgers in the back. Its rare for a male employee thats not a manger to be working the register. It happens but yeah mostly women get paid very slightly more at almost every fast food place you stop to eat.

Women dominate a lot of jobs such as dmv, greeters, secretary, etc.

There are a ton of jobs that are fair, mail, bus driver, cabs etc.

Construction and physical work are usually dominated by men because of physicality and danger. Like carrrying heavy loads of tile up a tall ladder without falling.

Computer tech field is mostly dominated by men but it was very easy for women who know their stuff to get in this field when I was in it.

I see tons of equal opportunity in real estate.

Im trying to find where I can see this wage gap when I walk out the door for jobs I actually could get or that most people could get when they set out to get work.

As far as jobs picking men over women, I can see certain fields doing this, but not nursing or most mid to low level jobs that arent physical.

I just need a few examples of jobs that would do this. I mostly see the opposite but perhaps I'm missing something. I consider myself the bottom looking up. From the bottom I see women getting paid more than average men and highly qualified men making more than those women. I also see the non physically demanding jobs favor women. So I need 1 or 2 good examples of jobs that apply to majority of the population, discriminating against women. Jobs under 70k a year. Or are we strictly talking about the top of the work spectrum that blames the men at the top but claims all men have priviledge due to gender?

As a black man Ive worked side by side with women who got paid more with less expectation not every time but Ive never been in a scenario where I just automatically got paid more for being of the male gender.

Also, I would like feminists to note female priviledge in society which also exists and compare the priviledges. We mind find that there is already a sort of balance as both sides have parts that are considered unfair.

As much as sex and assault and harassment are used as examples there is no note of women using sex or flirtation to excel above others and in different aspects of society.

As promiscuous sex among women becomes normalized (it already is) I have the same question Richard Pryor once raised, " your broke? Whats wrong with your ___? "

Part of the struggle of being sexualized as a gender is some women feed into, enjoy and use their sexuality as much as possible. A lot of whats on tv is forced sexuality but outside of the that you still see women taking advantage of sex and feeding a lot of the things other women dislike about men. This feeds the nature of men that, from what I'm reading, feminsists dislike.


Sexual assault harassment and even rape are things that occur. Sure guys have a tendency to consider themselves conquorers of sex but that is not related to a mn who os out commiting rapes. Rapes happen ll over the globe since humans and even animals where a thing so blaming sexual nature of men on social structure, I just dont see the correlation. Society could be geared to hve men as slaves and women in charge and rape would still be a thing.

User avatar
Sonic#
member
member
Posts: 5538
Joined: Sat Nov 7, 9:37 2009
Location: Georgia, US

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Sonic# » Thu Jun 14, 15:09 2018

Bluntly, I don't think there are two kinds of privilege to be compared. I think there is male privilege, which pervades society, and then most of what is called "female privilege" is a consolation prize for having less power, one that men are taught to give and women are taught to expect. (If - and I don't agree with this, but if - flirtation is widely used to acquire more power, then it only works because the people who already have power to delegate are usually men and usually heterosexual. So, at best, flirtation is a coping mechanism for navigating a world where men have more power, rather than an independent privilege in itself.)

But sure. Concrete results. I'll stick with the job market, since I have gotten little sleep. (I disagree with your opinions on sex, but you know that.)

Fast food: Women in food prep and service, including fast food, earn a median of $380 a week, or 94.8% of what men earn (p. 17). A Payscale study puts the adjusted difference in pay at 3%. That gap seems to persist across most positions, so a sous-chef flipping burgers preparing burgers will tend to earn less, and the positions where women earn more are exceptional: District Managers have a higher starting salary as women.
Nurses: Male nurses earn more on average than female nurses, with an overall adjusted earnings difference of $5148.
Most professions: This visualization represents the pay gap across low and high-paying jobs. Out of 446 major occupations, women earn more in 7 of them.

If I had time, I could also run the part-time/full-time discrepancy, which starts to get into a host of other issues. Basically, women work part-time at about twice the rate of men, and though some commentators represent this as a "choice," it's a choice that's made because women are expected to take up the slack for child care or familial care, or because women in relationships are more often expected to be flexible for the sake of their spouse's career.

The data is chunky. It's possible to live in a place where, of the people you know, women do earn more than men, or work at a company whose policies really do enact fair pay. (Credit to many government jobs - they do seem relatively fair with their hiring and pay.) The overall bias favors men. If the job market were a casino game a man could play repeatedly, he can still lose, but over time he would win against the house. No, no one is going to say you get the pay because you're male. But that's a factor that helps lots of men get some more, whether they're earning $12 an hour or $120,000 a year. That's some real privilege there.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Fri Jun 15, 13:46 2018

@Sonic
Good examples. Suprised by the nursing one.

@topic
Question.

What do you believe people mean when they say "female priviledge"?

And..

With white priviledge being the highest of priviledges. Discrimination amongst men vs mens discrimantion of women. Could you entertain the possibility that a man, or even a portion of men, who've been actively discrimnated against for majority of their life, may have the view that women have less discrimnation and angst overall regardless of color, since even women are not usually activly pursued in a non sexual violent manner and are not usually considered a threat by white men.

Feminists/Women dont usually have to deal with the hostility and violence of urban areas from men unless in a bad relationship, sexual attack or rare altercations. Yet figure they have one of the worst social aspects of society.

My point is a lot of people live inside a bubble of their own lives and have no idea of the major trials and tribulations of others but figure, from their own perspective, they got dealt the worst hand.

With the feminist tendency to group men together without knowledge or perhaps unaware of all mens tribulations, why does feminism constantly group all men under male priviledge?

I believe this is why a lot of men, who have been discriminated against and lead harder than "normal" lives, scoff at feminisms ideals, because they have witnessed female privilidge over their own "social rank" from different situations.

User avatar
melsbells
member
member
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 6:45 2014
Location: Finland

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by melsbells » Fri Jun 15, 14:51 2018

The thing I hear most when people talk about female privilege is protectionism based: first on lifeboats, unarmed service, requiring an escort, "don't hit girls" instead of being told simply not to hit. When looked at closely, protectionism is oppression.
Actual advantage that I have living as a woman is that it's relatively easy to enter into intimate friendships with people of any gender (since I'm not seen as a potential threat). And that's it? Maybe I have an advantage with language exposure since stoicism is taken so seriously here especially as a masculine trait. If I drove a car, I might have slightly cheaper insurance rates. I wouldn't get custody of my kid in the event of a divorce due to international law stuff, but I've heard the custody discrepancy argument enough and have seen the system fail kids in favor of their mother (though there was a lot of money behind that)
Priviledge is hard to see. I'm sure I don't fully recognize my privilege as a white person, more over a person who can to some degree pass as not a foreigner (That one really took long time to see. Initially I felt like even more of an outsider because my appearance wasn't signalling to other foreigners that I'm one of them). Then when people don't have the privilege on one metric, it can mask the priveleges they do have. Maybe it's easier to see the discrepancy when controlling other factors of privilege, like race and Creed.

And somewhat off track comment on nursing. It's a very physically demanding job that frequently includes lifting people.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Fri Jun 15, 17:41 2018

melsbells wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 14:51 2018
The thing I hear most when people talk about female privilege is protectionism based: first on lifeboats, unarmed service, requiring an escort, "don't hit girls" instead of being told simply not to hit. When looked at closely, protectionism is oppression.



Men trying to develope a social structure that tries to protect women may be a necessity to our civility. Mens lust runs deep throughout our gender and is even thought of in law making, war, and daily life. Even the most clean appearing of men may have the sickest thoughts which overtake his psyche at times. Women must be protected from men. If society where to completely become numb to womens overall (for the lack of a better word) frailty, then women would lose a priviledge that they've had for a very very long time.. mercy.


Mercy, is the number one privilidge of women from men. Even in wars women are often granted mercy and it trickles through the culture in many ways.. In some cultures or instances they are not, and many cultures who are civil find this beyond cruel and shocking.

Imagine womens rape being treated like mens rape. Society is very conerned about women. By contrast, men being raped in jails is used heavily even in comical senses. Men have unwritten law of nature where they should be able to protect themselves (let alone their family). The need for protection, dominance, livelihood and partly boredom, is why a lot of men get bigger an more muscular in jail. On a standard of equality, women would be expected to defend themselves because you can't realistically de-sexualize women in mens eyes. It might even have an adverse effect on some mens nature where if gender equality is a thing and you can't fend me off? You deserve to be raped because you are weak. When men are reduced from a cushion, wether by disaster or hard times, this type of nature arises. This type of nature is always present in the backround because lust is a huge part of male psyche. There are other little quirks like, lack of sympathy/ empathy

A large portion of male thinking has passed through civilizations and came from necessity for civility. Even shows with Trump *drum riff*

The "dont hit girls" ideal was probably brought about instill mercy in men. It has been abused beyond belief in many mens lives. Ive seen enough to turn my stomach where, I no longer support this at all. When someone crosses the worst lines, they deserve whatever comes to them if not by law then karma and the natural order of cause and effect. When someone on facebook posts a video of a man punching a woman and expects everyone to slander him, my response is, we dont know what made him do that. She might have set up his friend to be murdered, stolen all his money, beat up his mother, or was abusive enough to a degree where most people would have shot this person.

I understand the protection leading to oppression but perhaps the protest is going a bit to far and should work inside to better the current thinking rather than changing it and risking possibly worse.

melsbells wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 14:51 2018

Priviledge is hard to see. I'm sure I don't fully recognize my privilege as a white person, more over a person who can to some degree pass as not a foreigner (That one really took long time to see. Initially I felt like even more of an outsider because my appearance wasn't signalling to other foreigners that I'm one of them). Then when people don't have the privilege on one metric, it can mask the priveleges they do have. Maybe it's easier to see the discrepancy when controlling other factors of privilege, like race and Creed.

And somewhat off track comment on nursing. It's a very physically demanding job that frequently includes lifting people.
Privilidges are very hard to even list, let alone be conclusive. People spot them when they arise in moments of peoples lives. I would love to list female privilidges myself but any list I provide would lack the full spectrum or scope. Even with research it would be hard to condense to give an idea.

Lol essentially I smoke to much to list even all the gripes from men who were dealt a bad hand.. I would even fail to give the scope of experiences I've witnessed as I've been cultured to not dwell and let things roll off that I cant control. I think this added to why I found a lot of lists which weren't about the workplace, or posed a severe threat to women, from the link enigma provided in the second post almost.. comical.

User avatar
melsbells
member
member
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 6:45 2014
Location: Finland

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by melsbells » Sat Jun 16, 11:13 2018

I don't agree with your assessment here on why protectionism arose, nor sexuality, nor nature, but to try to stick to the topic of privilege even some of your phrasing is an indication. "Men trying to develope a social structure" "Mercy, is the number one privilidge of women from men." Can it really be a privilege if it's an allowance made by men? Male privilege, white privilege, these aren't things that are granted and can be revoked like a parent and their teenager.

edit: took the time to see the actual quote instead of paraphrasing

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Sun Jun 17, 13:58 2018

@meisbells

Well it starts as an ideal or allowance. Sticking to the dont "hit" girls, and spreads to dont talk to a lady that way, lets her go to the bathroom first, hold the door, put the toilet seat down etc etc etc. There are literallly thousands upon thousands of scenarios where gender applies to how people are actually treated with women almost always recieving special treatment as a bonus in a whole spectrum of scenarios. That is however left out of that list from the links whixh only focus on negative aspects, some of which are stereo types. For example, car dealers only hustle women, and other things that actually apply to both genders and are up to the individual but, are on a list of male priviledge.

Its ok to disagree..

Taurwen
member
member
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jul 2, 9:33 2016

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Taurwen » Sun Jun 17, 14:43 2018

I've never heard that I should get to go to the bathroom first. This changes the elevator ride up to our apartment when we argue over who has to pee more lol

User avatar
rowan
member
member
Posts: 10039
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 11:01 2004
Location: US

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by rowan » Mon Jun 18, 11:47 2018

I mean we have to put the lid down or the dog and cats drink out of the toilet, gross. which reminds me I should fix the lid so it slow closes again
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

User avatar
melsbells
member
member
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 6:45 2014
Location: Finland

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by melsbells » Mon Jun 18, 13:14 2018

Growing up, we had to put the lid down so that nothing in the medicine cabinet would fall in, double gross.
The lid also protects toothbrushes from airborne paticles thrown up during the flush, triple gross.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Tue Jun 19, 10:57 2018

Well the main gripe about putting the seat down is women have a tendancy to fall in. Dont ask me. I've always been puzzled about how one doesnt look before sitting down. I mean guys have to sit as well eventually and its never been a problem. Its "good manners"? to make sure you put it down for the lady or ladies.

As far as bathroom first. This was always taught when I was coming up and beyond. Girls go first then the boys because its "harder for girls to hold it than boys". I even thought that was lame when I was a boy. I mean I really had to pee a few of those times and was already pteviously holding it.


A very limited few examples but, priviledge has spread throughout how women are treated in general.

Last friday while driving a co worker to his stop on the way home, we witnessed a lady trip and fall while she attempted to step on the curb. She tripped so hard her shoe came off.

My co worker was like, "oh my gosh." He looked as if he was ready to jump out of the car and go help her up.
I said, " oh no you dont! Equality!.. Hey, get your dumbass up". Of course I didnt actually yell that at the lady but it was a good laugh.

While the list of male privilidge I see a coupe truths but mainly gripes. The female privilidge extends to all male and female interactions heavily. Literally all of them.

One of my most disliked traits of women, is threatening to call the police and tell them a guy hit them when no violence has happened or only violence on her part. In my own experience every relationship Ive been in that lasted 6 mo or more (lets say 8), this happened 100% of the time. This includes my current wife, on back to my teens. Ive also had shorter relationships where it happened and havr watched this happen to other men and heard about it happening to other men. This happens regularly. Its a slander against the credibility of women and shows an abuse of priviledge and power.

Majority of the time it is a bluff because she has no marks for the police to arrest. Even if they dont call the police its a real threat that happens to all men. Usually in an argument thats only escalating because of the woman being highly aggrivated, emotional and non rational. This is the vast majority of the time in almost every scenario wether it involves alcohol or not. This happens a lot alot, everyday. God forbid the guy defend, subdue or or shield himself in a way that makes a mark on her. His fate now relies on how she feels.

I dont know how feminism avoids female privildedge as many privilidges women have are abusive (or too advantageous) towards men and abused heavily and pretty much daily. In none of the male privilidges did I see women getting jailtime for false accusations. I could be wrong but I dont remember seeing a single note of jailtime period. Us this because women have a tendancy to avoid jailtime in situations where men wouldn't? On a female priviledge list men going to jail over B.S. would probably be in several of the privlidges.

While feminism does note that equality would benefit males in a limited set of ways it never attempts to address how this "dont hit girls thinking" has trickled into society on a grand scale. Perhaps it is unaware of just how deep that rabbit hole goes? Feminism has its complaints but there is also a long and lets say equivelant list of male gripes. For true equality you would also have to address and bring up the men in certain situations. Without doing so the notion of equality seems unequal
Last edited by Skeezy on Tue Jun 19, 13:06 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Taurwen
member
member
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jul 2, 9:33 2016

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Taurwen » Tue Jun 19, 13:03 2018

Well to be fair, men can be caught actually beating/raping women and get token jail time at best.

But for the record, I've never threatened anybody about calling the police. Nor has anyone in my immediate circle. More than a few of us have been smacked around. I agree false allegations are terrible, but they aren't even in the same ballpark as actually doing what women accuse men of doing.

(on a still silly note, I have never heard anyone argue that girls have a harder time holding it in. Just the opposite, men are always touted as having the weaker bladder lol)

Also, if I saw anyone stumble on the street hard enough that they lost a shoe I would at the very least roll down a window to make sure they are okay. Not because of any stupid misplaced views of chivalry, but out of human decency.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Tue Jun 19, 14:03 2018

@taurwen
I sometimes think people dont give jail enough credit as being a punishment to Criminals and non criminals. Its also much worse if your innocent and in jail. Jail also is where that nature of men I referred to in previous posts runs rampant. Its not equated to domestic violence or rape because you dont experience it. I equate jail with prison because jail is like the holding spot before prison.

Jail/prison can be 10 times worse than standard assaults and rapes. If you live in a very civil bubble this is no place for you. You can be raped , you can be assaulted and bullied on a regular basis. Have your manhood/masculinity stripped away. Gang assaults and stabbings are frequent. You can die in prison very easily over words, talking to the wrong person, or even using something that belongs to a gang like the phone. You may not be gay but forced to live as a woman in jail. Racial divide is very heavy gang wise and sorting into a group is key to your survival. Its a life many want no parts of and many arent prepared for. Police will not help or protect you.

You are forever changed by it and are either made stronger or weaker. Either way, its going to change you.
They dont have suicide watches for no reason.

The horror stories are why I have tried to stay far from prison. Having my face melted off with hot grease while I sleep? No thanks.

Where I live some of the cops especially correctional officers, are either part of the gang or get bribes from gangs to turn a blind eye.

I cant imagine going to prison over being falsley accused. Its not the cakewalk feminists make it seem. Its not just doing time. For many its a test of survival. Thats how I usually feel when someone says going to jail over false accusations isnt that bad or less than other issues. To whoevers going to jail its an issue of the highest priority.

Dont get me wrong domestic violence and rapes are bad. You cant compare them to the horrors that happen in jail. Its no contest

Even if its not happening to you. You have to witness a man trying to put his intestine back in, or slashed throat, or watch him be beaten till unrecognizable.. Welcome to the world of men. What you in for?

I guess it comes down to which do you consider worse? A rapist getting away? Or sending an innocent man to jail for a few years. For me its the latter.

Taurwen
member
member
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jul 2, 9:33 2016

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Taurwen » Tue Jun 19, 17:12 2018

I'm sorry if I've missed this, but where is it that you live again?

Your life experience is just so different from mine. At first I thought it was strictly racial, but I'm beginning to think our governments are too different for us to really discuss such things. I know plenty of people who have been to jail, I work for a man who did time in a max security prison and what you are describing is just... Not what goes on here.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Tue Jun 19, 22:06 2018

@Taurwen
Edited:

Im from baltimore, MD. but live in the county now. Its a city thats part of racial discussion in america partly due to riots, police corruption and brutality. Its not all bad but its a little rough around the edges.

Often called B-more, Bodymore, or Bodymore Murdaland by natives. High homicide rate, lots of drugs. Healthy mix of people of all types in surrounding areas. Its got its good parts and bad parts very, varied.


Easy to google news story, gang leader (inmate) gets several officers pregnant. Thats just sex in jail. Most jails keep certain inmates seperated like pedophiles, ex cops etc.because you cant stop inmates from attacking each other befor it happens any other way.

Stories of jail/prison I've got are from people Ive met and worked with. Ex criminals most of the time. Some were average joes. Talk to a lot of military guys as well. It helps to hear people admit they are human when they see something traumatic. Sometimes trauma becomes normalized and you feel... Numb to it. Feel for some guys who witness more than they could bear. Those get burned into a scarring memory and reveals their humanity when they speak of it..

Edited 6/21/18
I can't stress how different life is for all walks of people weather it be by local, gender, race, or other. However I can only give one view, my own. My view is defenitely different from most here but isn't solitary. I don't wish to change the totality of views. I wish to bring a better understanding of what equality for genders across the broad scale actually means.

I believe feminism is far too one sided to be considered true equality even though I'm sure many would disagree. To get that, feminism and groups like Mgtow or other, would have to see eye to eye or come to an agreement on what equality for both genders is. This can be done by each side giving an extensive list of opposite privilidge and working together to find middle and/or equal ground. Its a very hard thing to bring about. Which is why its far easier to ignore the opposition and say this is how it is with limted statistics or references etc. Both sides do it.

User avatar
geldofc
member
member
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2:00 2016
Location: California

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by geldofc » Tue Jun 26, 19:48 2018

Mgtow is a blatant misogynist movement so I don’t know why we should meet eye-to-eye with them or how we could. I mean even progressive cultures are tinged with misogyny so like...maybe we should start with acknowledging how prevalent misogyny is. I don’t know what advantages we get as women either. :confused:
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Thu Jun 28, 10:02 2018

@geldofc

Misogynist perhaps but take a look at why. All of their guidelines and advice is to safegaurd men from women. That is their entire goal no more and no less. They feel as though women in general take advantage of and abuse men. Because of that they push to avoid women altogether. It could be chalked up as female priviledge they are trying to avoid. To put it bluntly they believe there are almost no good, non abusive, women left.

While feminists may use statistics to discredit a lot of MGtows claims. In reality those claims can happen to men, can happen to any man and have happened to many men.

To not acknowledge their rebutle even a little bit is a backstep of equality. Women can be and have been abusive towards men. I look at Mgtow as men who have been hurt. I think their choice to avoid women is like an ostrich strategy and not necessarily a good way to handle their complaints as most of these men are still heavily attracted to women.

While mgtow lists some female privilidge, it still doesnt give the entire perspective from every angle. To me it falls short on the totality of reasons why men would choose that lifestyle. To really understand it, you almost have to be a victim of it. Theres a lot of similarities and each side is harboring resentment at what the other side claims.

Empathy is key and I just dont see true empathy for men in the current push for "equality".

Many men and women accept gender roles but remain flexible to their life situations. Meaning roles or tasks could switch to remain flexible but initially you have a guideline set to follow and you can veer from it at anytime for whatever reason.

Extreme feminism would do away with gender roles in an attempt to equalize and remove priviledge. I think this is counter productive and naive considering the variations of people, all of history, and current standings. A lot of men want to be men and a lot of women want to be women, for whatever their definition of said gender is. Feminism pushes for equality but doesn't address why most civilizations tend to be patriarchal in the first place.

From that challenge to grow the civilization, male priviledge comes about..and yes along with misogyny in most cases. The earth is dominated by men. If you think thats false, look at war. A lot of us have never been stripped of our comfort and been thrown into survival. When true survival kicks in, views might change.

Its kind of funny because a lot of Mgtow and some men in general don't believe feminists/women are capable of true empathy. In my posts thats really what I'm reaching to find. No luck so far lol

Advantages and priviledges are hard to pinpoint on a gender because uprbringings, environments and people are so varied. Generally though, in my experience, women have many gender advantages in life from hardships, to sex, to expectations, and capability/options.

One example, as a boy in "the hood," Ihad a lot of hostility from rival boys, simply because they live on another block. Girls may experience a small degree of this from other girls but not nearly as much. Walking to get a haircut required a lot of tact in shortcuts because taking the wrong route could end in confrontation and violence. This went for every boy that lived on my block, as we were friends. Other blocks out numbered us by about 6 or 7. Essentially, self defense, fighting, avoiding and fleeing was a part of daily life to one degree or another, along with beginning lessons on survival. All this started at about age 10 or 11. A girl may have to contend with other girls occasionallu or perhaps boys trying to approach them. As boys we had to contend with our safety, every time we stepped foot off our block. My brother, who is 6 years older, also had to fight for respect amongst the neighborhood.

This all changes as you get older but never goes away. When you dont have anything, you are safe. If you do well or begin to advance in life, watch your back. For example, never tell anyone what you've got in your house and never tell anyone your going on vacation, unless you want your house broken into. There's all sorts of hidden rules to survival men learn as they come up. In many of these same areas however, girls I should say are unaware of these rules because they dont encounter the same hardships or roadblocks as often. Most full grown adults are well aware of what and what not to do through life lessons.

Saying all this to show that peoples lives are not the same, completely different, to be more specific. As male privilidge seems to be applied to all men. I'm saying from my angle I haven't seen it. Not even a little bit. All I've seen is my respect as a man, I had to fight for that. Everything in life after childhood, I had to fight or work for. If my current safety bubble is ever taken away, wether it be from prison or natural disaster etc. I'd have to be ready to fight for it again. Privilidged? Why are there so many men hoarding guns and ammo? For when their bubble bursts. Reality is the great situator. To understand priviledge in general you might have to live life as a different gender, race, or financial situation before you can say hey these people, all of them, clearly have more priviledge. You might even find that you have more priviledge than you think you do. Maybe you havent noticed it, because you haven't lived worse.


Even between you and I. What would people assume? Bad assumptions for you might be they assume things about blondes for you. They might assume I'm jamaican or rasta or a drug dealer and gangster etc. Any number of things. Even without dreads, the latter two still apply.

Which assumption causes more roadblocks? No need to answer the question. Just take it as women might not have the gender corner on the need for equality. Not saying you do, not necessarily saying you don't. There are many men of all sorts who become Mgtow though. While I don't agree with it, I definitely understand it. I've seen female privildge (mercy) throughout my life. Ive also seen it abused thoroughly. I havent seen women not abuse anything they already have over men. Not to say all women do it or I would have never courted a woman lol.

Sime female priviledge is through no fault of your own. Meaning its already established by men that your priviledged in many different situations. The most popular being dont hit a lady. Thats been abused so much many men are starting to change their minds including myself because it gets pushed that far. Its the irrationality of most situations that sickens me. Why must women constantly cross that line? Which line? Whatever line there is to cross. Im sorry but this has been a flat out burden to me. Its one point where I agree with feminism. There are many more that feminism doesn't address, I mean who can name every situation but I chalk it up as, "mercy" for generalization.

Indeed sorry, I am so long winded.

User avatar
geldofc
member
member
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2:00 2016
Location: California

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by geldofc » Tue Jul 3, 3:49 2018

You keep making sweeping generalizations about women and their behavior which is offensive to me as a woman and it sounds ridiculous. People in general are often dissatisfied with life, why only women? Mgtow wants to safeguard men from women? From what? Child support? Ok, that can be easy, they can protect themselves in many ways and not have children until they are able to take care of a child themselves. Yeah there are women abusers but men don’t need to join sexist groups to protect themselves from abusers. There are inclusive groups that seek to protect and educate all genders irt abuse.

At my latest job a paranoid white guy complained about a lot of the women at our work being mean to him. He was unfortunately comfortable enough with me to tell me his feelings, like which one he thought was a “witch” and others that were “mean” to him. Maybe a lot of us didn’t want to interact with him much because he was kind of paranoid, negative for little reasons and emotionally needy. That’s not female privilege, it’s not wanting to waste time coddling bitter entitled people.

I assume men end up in mgtow because their belief system is total garbage, they’re isolated, or they’re a troll. Idk. Now you accuse women and feminists as lacking empathy which...seems like a quality full human beings should have. So, it’s just aggressively insulting again.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Tue Jul 3, 12:14 2018

@geldofc

Well to be honest your post shows my point and the problem I'm addressing.

Most feminists dont have a good understanding of female priviledge which is spread throughout many aspects and situations. Thre is a lack of empathy for men dealing with female priviledge. The priviledge includes but is more than child support. As stated I cant give you a complete list of female priviledge. The best I can do is give a sense that men have to cater and show self restraint while women arent expected to. This goes beyong not hitting women back into a whole slew of life situations, some big, some small.

A lot of men feel women have way more priviledge than your average man.

The lack of empathy or understanding coupled with unsatisfaction and proclamation of disadvantage and male priviledge, produces a group like MGtow.

The lack of empathy is part of feminists refusal to admit to any bad side of women. Anything stated is met with, "women dont do that". The men all say, yes they do. They do it alot. So much so, that men have to be gaurded from a slew of things women do.


So in turn feminists usually ignore or refuse to understand any concept of female privilidge beyond a few things. When really its a priviledge like any other, it extends way beyond a few instances into the totality of how women are treated.

Many men, believe female priviledge is bullshit. Meaning why are men tolerating women acting like spoiled unrealistic brats. Im that harsh because finding an unrealistic bratty woman is not hard at all, matter of fact in some areas they are alnost majority of women, just in different degrees. The fact they don't seem to live in reality is excused because women are emotional and women are women. Which mgtow says is bullshit. I think we all agree that no one should be able to live beyond reality. A lot of women are going to have to fix that.

I know you wont agree with this because you havent lived as a man for majority of your life dealing with the bullshit. Men in Mgtow are tired of womens bullshit to simplify

What does feminism do? Say there is no bullshit. When you have thousands upon thousands upon probably more than half of men say that there is definitely so much bullshit (privilidge)

Basically when talking to feminists, men and societies gender structure is the problem, with no admission of any bullshit from the womens side of things. Thus the obvious lack of true empathy. People, including women do tons of horrible shit for one reason or another.

An example of unrealistic is physical domestic abuse. Sure there are some guys that hit women and its a problem. How many women are there that think its ok to hit men with no retaliation? Many. Thus the lack of reality. We all are people with emotions. Hitting a 250lbs man and spitting in his face, realistically means be prepaird to defend yourself. However women hit men with no expectation of retaliation of their own actions. Men are expected to show much self restraint in those situations while the woman are expected is forgiven for being emotionally unstable and responsible for her actions.



Thats just a glaring example of how being catered to causes flat out stupidity. Its not the only example but that thinking, and that kind of priviledge, extends well beyond that, past chivalry, into all kinds of situations that you would have to live as a man to see. If you can accept that as true, you can begin to understand female priviledge. If you dont then you are just priviledged and refuse to admit so.

Also what you said about the guy at your job I find to be hypcritical coming from a feminist woman. Going back to the link posted in the first few posts of the thread with the ongoing list of feminust gripes of men. Feminism complains about stuff like that, from men (not being allowed to express opinion etc). A man feels uncomfortable and mistreated so you look down on him. However if a woman is uncomfortable in a group of men its would be justified. I know because Ive seen plenty of gender bashing from feminists.

Also. Briefly.
Couples counseling. Men live in realism, women are not expected to due to their emotions. In general during an arguement to calm down your partner women are advised to figure out why the man is angry and a whole slew of addressing reality mostly invloving the issue or issues at hand. However advice for men is to not even delve into the issue and cater to her emotions....because reality has nothing to do with it.

I know your not going to get a lot of what I'm saying but trust me, a large part of it, is lack of true empathy. Which I believe is a thing in feminism but it thinks it understands equality. Sure if its equality...if you leave out the negatives of your gender and focus on the opposite genders negatives and ignore their opinion. Lack of empathy for the opposite gender means that equality isnt your real goal. Also from what I see, all of feminism makes sweeping generalizations about all men and male priviledge.. So others and myself have felt insulted. welcome to the club.

So I have question? Do you think its equally fair, for men to be burdened with self control and restraint for irrational emotional women in every scenario that could arise? (Please dont answer with women arent irrational and emotional because that would be a flat out lie and show aniti-empathy for the opposite sex).

Married man guide 101 logic doesnt matter, cater to her emotions. Happy wife, happy life, god I hate that saying. Its popular because of the emotional irrationality of women. Just bend over and make her happy. Pfft. The men who believe in that are undermined by their wives and often wind up resentful if the relationship ends because they bent over backwards trying to cater. You cant make a woman happy for longer than a few minutes. Women are never satisfied,so keep hopping through hoops at your own didgnities expense.

Taurwen
member
member
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Jul 2, 9:33 2016

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Taurwen » Wed Jul 4, 7:29 2018

Everytime I see this thread I'm just bummed my vagina and brain can't team up to be a super haploid DNA saving machine :(

As for the actual topic, I agree that there's an issue with domestic violence. I'm not convinced it's as widespread as you imply. And sometimes I think it's less that women are evil and more that assholes who are women are taking any advantage they can get. I don't think advantage and privilege are necessarily the same thing though, just that obviously if there's a fight people's inclination is to blame the larger parcipitant. I think I've mentioned before that in cases where domestic abuse was witness in my experience it's always women who have intervened with the police to say it was the woman who was perpetrating the abuse.
I also think in most societies women are socialized to not be physical, which should be one reason to not fight them. Not because they are weaker, but (in this scenario) men grow up learning how to fight fair, if you piss me off enough that it's going to come to blows I'm not fighting fair I'm putting you in the hospital and I will do it by any means necessary (and then I will go to jail, although even though I don't think our prison system is as bad as yours my understanding is that women's prison is a bit of a cake walk). For what it's worth my partner who is very non-violent feels the same way, if forced into a fight (which would basically only happen to protect the safety of those around him) he'd finish it by any means possible.
Women aren't taught any kind of chivalry because it's meant to be used when politeness failed and women aren't allowed to let politeness fail.

As for emotional irrationality, I think that's just because women are told they can have emotions while men get to be happy or angry. Of course when you grow up only being allowed to express two things being confronted with dozens is going to flabbergaste. I don't think that means women lack empathy, the many discussions around toxic masculinity show that feminists are aware of the issue and are interested in fixing it.

Skeezy
member
member
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jun 9, 12:05 2017

Re: What is male privilege?

Post by Skeezy » Wed Jul 4, 18:55 2018

Taurwen wrote:
Wed Jul 4, 7:29 2018
Everytime I see this thread I'm just bummed my vagina and brain can't team up to be a super haploid DNA saving machine :(

As for the actual topic, I agree that there's an issue with domestic violence. I'm not convinced it's as widespread as you imply. And sometimes I think it's less that women are evil and more that assholes who are women are taking any advantage they can get. I don't think advantage and privilege are necessarily the same thing though, just that obviously if there's a fight people's inclination is to blame the larger parcipitant. I think I've mentioned before that in cases where domestic abuse was witness in my experience it's always women who have intervened with the police to say it was the woman who was perpetrating the abuse.
I also think in most societies women are socialized to not be physical, which should be one reason to not fight them. Not because they are weaker, but (in this scenario) men grow up learning how to fight fair, if you piss me off enough that it's going to come to blows I'm not fighting fair I'm putting you in the hospital and I will do it by any means necessary (and then I will go to jail, although even though I don't think our prison system is as bad as yours my understanding is that women's prison is a bit of a cake walk). For what it's worth my partner who is very non-violent feels the same way, if forced into a fight (which would basically only happen to protect the safety of those around him) he'd finish it by any means possible.
Women aren't taught any kind of chivalry because it's meant to be used when politeness failed and women aren't allowed to let politeness fail.

As for emotional irrationality, I think that's just because women are told they can have emotions while men get to be happy or angry. Of course when you grow up only being allowed to express two things being confronted with dozens is going to flabbergaste. I don't think that means women lack empathy, the many discussions around toxic masculinity show that feminists are aware of the issue and are interested in fixing it.

Thats the thing, why should feminists/women decide anything about masculinity without the masculine opinion. Men would love to tell women a guideline to follow and propose rules/proper etiquette against annoyances and incoveniences associated with gender.

Sure there are male feminists. Ive also been trying to understand why a man would call himself feminist. I havent found any real answer but have suggested its a difference of environment, upbringing and experience. We have in no way, experienced women in the same light. My experience is a mix of decent and what mgtow says. Which is why I think mgtow isnt exactly meritless and their principal is kind of just. At its core, it only wants safety from women and their expectations, priviledge, and irrationality. Men are gaurded and protect their own interests. Letting the wrong woman in can be very damaging to ones financial, mental, and physical health. Especially the mental health. I often see men catering to unstable women in a toxic relationship that wont end well. Even in that most of the blame doesnt fall on the woman. That is actually the mans fault for making a very poor decision. Inversley women do the same thing. Choose poorly then blame men overall. Often they wind up in a loop of poor choices, then blame the gender as a whole. Ignorant of the fact that its their choices or perhaps their attraction type that is a large part of the problem. Be careful of beautiful highly attractive women. Women should also be leery of seemingly very well put together men. Those two types easily give the most problems as they are in high demand and usually self focused to a degree that you should be leery of true intentions.


So toxic masulinity? How is feminism trying to fix toxic femininity as well? I ask because for many men (much like the members of mgtow and a few other groups) a large portion of women are toxic to their well being for one reason or another.

As far as fighting fair. There are fair engagements. Typically in minor altercations that occur. There are no rules in street fighting however. Its not uncommon to see a big guy fighting a smaller guy especially when the smaller guy was the aggressor. To invite hostility from a bigger opponent means that, if you get beaten into the ground, you got what you asked for. No one can tolerate too much verbal/mental/physical abuse. My usual for dealing with women who get physical with me, is to show them that they cannot hurt me without a weapon. If they swing I'll go ahead and take the punch or several punches from them then ask "are you done?" Eventually my patience will wear and I have thrown agressive women onto couches or beds so I can leave before I lose it.

Feminism and society always tends to view domestic violence as the man being overbearring. A long time ago I didn't believe in guns. I thought they gave cowards and weak minded individuals, too much power. Ive seen so much shit that now I believe and I quote myself, "Some MF's just deserve to be shot." Its similar to how I feel about domestic violence now. Sure some men are beating women and are pieces of excrement. Similarly some women antagonize domestic violence to a high degree. To me everyone should follow the simple rule of keep your hands to yourself. If you get physical expect the same in return. People have triggers.

For example. I have only flat out hit a woman one time. For whatever reason, she thought it would be funny to smack me out of the blue. Mind you, Im sitting in a circle of about 5 other guys. We were laughing and joking and she walked up suddenly and smacked me. The moment she smacked me I was out of my chair and swinging a hook. While swinging, I realized it was her and not one of the guys in the circle, so I opened my hand before the moment of impact and wound up slapping her... I have been sucker punched too many times on the streets, so if someone hits me its an almost instant reaction to fight. A lot of people for one reason or another have the reaction that if you hit me I'm going to hit you. I really wish everyone would understand that perspective because its very just and fair. Dont hit me and I wont hit you. If you pick up a weapon and are blocking me from leaving, Im going to have to hurt you/defend myself. This has happened, luckily I chose not to hurt her as she still wasn't really a threat and was easily disabled (thrown on bed). The same girl thinks its funny to pull knives on guys after she sleeps with them...yeah. She did the knife thing to several other guys after me. I was about 15 years of age at the time and she was my 1st experience in dealing with a woman that I slept with. So needless to say I tried to stay away from "crazy" women throughout my life but trust me, its hard not to come across them.


Refferring to the emotional irrationality. I think it starts with boys being told not to cry over small things. A lot of grown women think crying will get them out of situations they cause (part of mercy). It actually works sometimes but, I kind of smirk when it doesn't. Not all women do it but its just another little thing that happens often enough to be noted. You see it at bars, in peoples relationships, on talk shows, etc.

In masculinity you are responisble and must face consequences. This mostly allocates to common sense. I thought that went for everybody/people as a whole but, a lot of women don't display this notion, are genuinely shocked, and believe they are wronged when consequences arise. Usually Im clapping on the inside. This is in so many scenarios from domestic altercations, jailtime, finanical loss etc.

The smirk and feeling of justice is in part from my gender and part ethnicity. As one who has been unneccesarily been hunted/harassed & searched by police, judged and insulted by others. I can't help but laugh when people are confronted with "shocking" reality that shatters their bubble of a life, and exposes their own selfish ignorance.

As far as jail. Excuse my language during this portion, its hard not to be real without it. Bad people do bad things outside and in jail. Here the payphone thing is the 1st thing you encounter. Some gangs claim phones and some people are just assholes you can easily get into a confrontation. This is just one of many things. Also, at some point a man will be tested to see what kind of man he is. If he displays fear and passivness he will be called a bitch and treated thusly. Meaning people will take his toilet paper, food etc., disrespect him, and perhaps even rape. If he does fight but loses he may be tested again but if he fights most likely he will not be considered a bitch but may still be disrespected. If he wins, he'll be fine. The most important thing is to hold your own even if you dont win. Pretty much every guy Ive talked to thats been to jail/prison knows this is how it works even guys from other states around the country despite ethnicity. (U.S.) This logic isnt unfamiliar outside of jail but is prominent in jail. Respect in the streets works pretty much the same way.

Lastly if any of what I've said is foreign to you chances are you dont have a complete view of the male experience and masculinity outside of
truly priviledged men. Again, I wish feminism would stop referring to all men when it refers to a large list of male privledge. Many mens lives are not the same and if I had priviledge over women and not ahem "advantage" in certain situations (I love the switch geldofc did, priviledge vs constant advantage..same?), then I missed it.

In closing. If you can start to see from my angle, how feminism aside from fairness in the job market and a few other decent points is largely asking for handouts because they are annoyed with the way things are. Lol. If you want gender equality bring men as a whole up to your level of safety, emotional tolerance, less dangerous and more forgiving lifestyle. I honestly dont think femists know what equal even is, especially without realistically addressing issues with women brought up by mens groups rather than dismissing them with limited statistics. Ooooor just knock the equality word out of everything. Thats my real issue with feminism. Its the gender equality. If it develops a releastic and no longer one sided re-education for children to help qwell the gender division then we might be getting somewhere. Until then, I find the words and majority of the list of "male priviledge" offensive.

Post Reply