What Slavery does.

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Skeezy

What Slavery does.

Post by Skeezy » Fri Jul 6, 17:21 2018

Hello all and gooday, welcome to another hell topic.

I've been trying to somewhat avoid race in my posts about the male view of feminism and male privledge but its hard not to. I've really been avoiding tacking on "black lives matter" because there are so many hardships aside from it.

However I am highly emotional about certain issues and I feel like sharing/discussing a few things. My people have been stripped of our pride and are thought of as less than stellar. To begin, I have to start before slavery.

History. America yeah!...No.
A lot of american history is lies or half truths. Thanksgiving, obviously a lie. The murder and betrayal of native americans is only part of the truth. Essentially people of color lead Christopher Columbus here. People of color who had already explored much of the land on this earth, helped white men communicate with natives. Showed them how to build and even directed the imported slaves. Probably organized the slave trade as well.

Many of them already lived on this side of the globe. Later on these people were betrayed and turned into slaves because they were black. The level of cruelty was high, lots of psychological tactics used such as raping mens wives, seperating families and lying to the children, raping black men in front of other black men. To enslave a people you have to cut off the head which means they literally had to destroy black mens history and knowledge of self wether they be from africa, of moorish decent or native to this side of the globe .

Part of the reason, slaves where not allowed to read or write was so white people could essentially make up their own history to make themselves look better and not as barbaric and thieving as a people. Even though cruelty is abundant thoughout history even to today.

Slaves where eventually free but not because it was the right thing to do. They were "freed" because capitalism could not flourish with slavery still in place. Matter of fact you if you research you should be able to find a quote from Lincoln stating that if he could keep slavery and have capitalism, he would.

"Freedom or liberty"
After the "freeing" of the slaves. There were so many black men with skills looking for work? So the governement imported "other white people" to fill the job market." Give us your hungry, your sick, your poor" etc.

Fast forward to the civil rights movement. Yeah

The Black panthers
A group created to keep police from murdering innocent black men. Their most prominent role wound up being their historical moves and morning breakfast programs for kids. They were painted as terrorists because they expressed their right to bear arms to keep the police in check. However if they had done anything such a fired a shot in pure aggression, they would have been slaughtered "justifyably".

The governement, C.I.A. in particular retaliated against the panthers and black people as a whole by arresting a main leader of this group and then proceeded to distrubute crack cocain to every area populated by blacks across the country. Basically they started the crack epidemic. Which should be comnon knowledge by now. Seeing as how ex C.I.A. have publicly admitted this and there have been many books and movies about it.

The war on drugs
After flooding almost every black neighborhood with drugs, the governemnt then started a "war on drugs". Crack was rated on higher punishment level than the drug it comes from, cocain. Essentially white people do and distribute cocain and the black neighborhoods were full of crack now. Start the war.

In reality its a systematic form of slavery. Essentially people make money off of throwing non violent drug offenders in jail. It continues to this day. Jails full of non violent people of color. Police patrolling black neighborhoods constantly not to protect, but to serve, jailtime. A lot of people seem to know about this but still no one important has cared enough to change anything about it. The slaves (black men) are abundant.

Do our lives matter?
All throughout this cops patrol and harass young black men wether they are drug dealers or not. They tend to treat people in these areas like 2nd class citizens. Sometimes to catch one guy they are looking for they'll just go around locking men up who dont have I.D. on them. Often half the men in the neighborhood will wind up in jail. I dont think they've ever done that in white neighborhoods have they?

Equality

I would love to see it. Doubt it will happen in my lifetime. So tired of the bullshit. Black lives matter is actually met with opposition that All lives matter? Noone's killing them in the street and planting drugs on innocent white people and, thats just killing. Police have a tendancy to harass and/or beatup people quite often.

The national anthem
O say can you see. I'm taking a knee. America often sings the national anthem, but only the 1st verse. Why? Because the other verse are some of the most racist lyrics ever written. They glorify the killing of the british and blacks slaves to help the british who promised freedom for blacks if they won.

America is divided with people who support the the black protest even though half of them are clueless to all of the knowledge in this post. The other half opposes and says stand up and support our veterans while we treat you like less than human, empty whole clips into innocent people, and throw you black, good for nothing bastards in jail.

Closing
I think black people have done a good job of taking all this in stride. Im so tired of all of this though. The lies, the unjustice and the prevelant racism. My heart hurts when I see a young black boy growing up in far worse conditions than I did. My heart also hearts knowing my people especially have no knowledge of self. Most dont know people of color started the Renessaince after Rome fell ushering mathmatics, art, architecture, medicine , started the 1st university in spain, explored the globe before white men, taught white men and other civilizations everything they needed to know to survive and how to prevent sickness. This has been stripped and racist white america acts like they are responsible for everything and we poor unitelligent, ape people should thank them. They dont know, not all black people are from africa, some are actually natives or that it wasnt jjust the indians that were betrayed. They dont know that selling drugs and the environment itself is a trap to turn you into a slave.

It sucks being an adult sometimes and having to stomach so much and watch people say they care who really dont care enough to learn all the facts...

I guess I am venting my frustrations with society, racism, ignorance, and arrogance. Thank you for reading

Skeezy

Re: What Slavery does.

Post by Skeezy » Wed Jul 11, 9:21 2018

Instead of making a new topic figured I'd post about chris rocks new standup here since some of it has to do with this post.

A few days after making this topic I watch Chris Rovks new standup on netflix. I liked it. Caution there will be One or two small *****spoilers*****

One part that struck a cord with me was his life lessons segment. He jokes why we need bullies but, of course it has a ring of truth to it.

Another part was preparing kids for life. For a young black boy when he wakes up, punch him in the face. If you don't, thats child abuse, because your not preparing him for life lol. Everyday punch him in the face.

He also does a lot of jokes about blacks dealing with white people. Its funny but once again walking the line of reality. I dont think everyones going to genuinely find these parts funny. Of course to me it was hilarious.

rowan

Post by rowan » Sat Jul 21, 8:34 2018

There is 100% no reason not to bring up race in topics, it's relevant to everything! Is there any reason not to move this up out of Hell? I believe we decided posts re: race and other axes of oppression go in Random.

All this stuff should be common knowledge but history books have deliberately erased it, much like the divide between poor white people and poor black people was very deliberately constructed.

I'm not sure I follow your first paragraph, about PoC separate from Native Americans/First Nations already being here, am I misreading that, or could you clarify?
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Mon Jul 23, 12:33 2018

rowan wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 8:34 2018
There is 100% no reason not to bring up race in topics, it's relevant to everything! Is there any reason not to move this up out of Hell? I believe we decided posts re: race and other axes of oppression go in Random.

All this stuff should be common knowledge but history books have deliberately erased it, much like the divide between poor white people and poor black people was very deliberately constructed.

I'm not sure I follow your first paragraph, about PoC separate from Native Americans/First Nations already being here, am I misreading that, or could you clarify?

Thanks for your interest.

Ive been semi learning here and there about the Moorish people. These people dressed in fine garments and turbans. Racially they come in assorted colors but mostly found to look arabic and black.

I'm sorry about citing as this is just information Ive picked up in the past 10 years or so from various sources. Some black re-educational movies such as "Hidden Colors" and various research on slavery and moors.

Moors started the renaissance after Rome fell. They traveled to many civilzations from east to west hemosphere. The did a lot of mapping of the earth.

We all know Colmbus was lost but his captains were not. Two of his captains were of Moorish decent. The knew the route. Upon arriviving around the bahamas the people they saw were black. His son also wrote about what they saw.

Im hazy as to wether there were actually any blacks in north america or wether it was mostly Niji (Indians). Moorish people had integrated with many of the civilizations they had traveled to. A couple of tribes of the Niji also have religious trees and practices almost identical to tribes in Africa. A few tribes were even as dark skinned as africans. The pre-white history is hazy.

As far as establishing America there is little documentation of the Moors helping start America. All we have is the fact they led the "discovery" and a few paintings and pamphlets from back then.

One painting is easy to find. Its George Washingon sitting in fron of a Moore. Its popular on this subject and will easily come up. Another painting I saw in my past in private school. I cant remember where I saw it wether it was in a museum or a book the teacher had brought. It was a painting of the slaves with george washington in the foreground. In the backround there were 2 different kind of black people. Slaves wearing loin cloth and doing labor. Directing them where black people wearing fine garments, the moors.

Researching moorish websites, they harbor resentment over the deciet and wrongful enslavement.

Its also floating around the internet that george washingtons chopping of the cherry tree was symbolic for removal of the moorish flag from in front of the white house.

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Jul 23, 16:06 2018

Pre-white history is hazy sort of, if you only look at white histories, but there are plenty of Native Americans and First Nations who have oral history of the time. I'm not up on it, only just starting learning about that myself, though. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.
Moors started the renaissance after Rome fell
TBH a hell of a lot of what we "think of" as "white" knowledge was mostly stolen and not credited to the societies in Africa and the Middle East. Even when we talk about "The Greeks" (and Romans) many of those people were not white. Plus also a new thing I've learned is that there were lots of PoC even as far north as England way back in Roman times, and even before that. Europe wasn't as white as we think it was. (by "we" I mean the general "we", raised in this society. Maybe you knew this already)

Anyway it sucks how much history has been erased and whitewashed. :(

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Mon Jul 23, 16:41 2018

@rowan

Yeah. Its a shame. One can't help but feel a tad resentful as most want to turn the page past racial but we can't not for a long time.

For instance Im sick of hearing the same drab on tv and when I was in school about black history month. Specifically black inventions. Out of all the long luxurious list of inventions created by black people, peanut butter? The cotton gin? Traffic light and they might throw in the first heart surgeon occasionally. Out of the long ass list of things we still use today that re-occurring list is bullshit. I mean if you just lookup black inventions theres literally tons of other stuff, instead its like the same 5 things every year. The same people as well their important sure but, leaving out a ton.

In researching the more I learn about actual white history, such as this, where white jews come from, why they have neanderthal DNA etc. The more Im sure white people would want to keep the lie. Its ugly..

Ugly as painting a new face on jesus lol

Racism is overwhelming at times. There has been so much of it, I think its pretty much normalized for black people like myself. When white people are behind closed doors its almost expected. White and black people have been co existing for a long time and have a certain familiarity. A lot of white guys from different locals talk to me about how they dislike other races. In my head I'm like, "you know what they say about pointing fingers." Most truck drivers are lonely, they'll talk to anyone, even a *****r.

A lot of us are comfortable in the lie. Even black people. The mentality that you come from nothing but slavery, the belief in white superiority, and dwelling in poverty and crime. This all adds to a meaningless future one where you might as well break the law because the laws arent made for you. Acceptance of the drug war, we sell, you catch us, like a game of life. Deadbeat parents hooked on drugs and crime, fathers in jail, mom runs the streets..... some kids really dont get a chance at a semi fair start and thats what hurts me. Yes hes bad at freaking 6 yrs old, because his parents aint shit, what their teaching him aint shit, and society aint shit.. Rambling..sorry.

I puzzle over 4 things these days which are floods of emotion from past experiences, death, racism, and how would you even begin to correct racisms effects.

For the last part its kind of like how you would have to really stop/slow down crime, which is, with the children. The seeds of today are the future.

Edit: I 1st noticed subliminal racism when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I went to private school for most of my schooling so we learned about the bible and religion a lot. These books had depictions of holiness and things of that nature. After a while, one day I came home and asked my mother a question. "Are there any black angels?"

Society has gotten better with the current generation about making things multi racial and multi gender. The smallest of starts but a good one.

Lastly I do highly recommend the movie Hidden Colors. Its a little hard to find but they do sell it online. With deep searching a free link can be found to it eventually on bootleg websites. Last I checked they only had small bits and pieces of the movie on you tube. They made 3 sequels but I recommend the 1st. They go over a lot of facts and history and names and places and what people did what, up to more current. They also cover racism alongside some aspects. Its something I think everyone regardless of race should see. I know it was a big eye opener for my wanting to learn more.

rowan

Post by rowan » Thu Jul 26, 21:53 2018

I'll check out the movie for sure. I think my biggest eye opener was reading Slavery By Another Name. That was the first one I read and the thing that really stuck with me was how much of the dominant narratives were deliberately constructed. Like stuff I grew up hearing that I didn't realize were dog whistles and racially coded. I grew up with literally no PoC of any kind nearby, so "poor people" to me were white people. Yet at the same time I also grew up knowing people meant Black women when they said "welfare queens". So I knew that one, but a lot of the other things were really eye-opening. (for white people less willing to probe themselves I'll recommend Seeing White for starters, and Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack). These were all places to start rec'ed to me by Black men & women, though of course they are rec'ing to me as a white woman, so idk if they'd be useful to you, particularly after that movie.

The narrative about Native Americans (who were not right in the community but not too far away) was also pretty bad following the usual stereotypes, but I don't think is addressed in that specific book. I've read a lot since then by Black and Indigenous writers, and I follow a ton on twitter which helps. I still make a lot of mistakes for sure though. It sinks in real deep. I often discover phrases that are racial dogwhistles that I really had no idea were. I think I found a website and read through a bunch of them though once? But still.

anyway now I'm rambling and it's late

there are some pretty badass Black scientists doing awesome things right now out there. :)

(pretty sure I have a decent amount of Neandertal DNA; I'm short and stocky which is great for cold winters ;) gonna suck for the climate change heat tho)

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Thu Aug 30, 11:32 2018

similarto add to this.

It was recently brought to my attention that the amendment which was supposed to end slavery actually solidified it with the way its worded. Something along the lines of no one shall be a slave except as punishment. Thus all the black slaves in jails.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Thu Sep 27, 7:47 2018

I also wanted to say to the mods.

Im touched that you all left this up way longer than most threads in hell are supposed to last. A form of support in my eyes, no matter how small. Thanks.