What music did you listen to as a teenager?

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Post by spacebot » Thu Jul 26, 2:00 2018

Skeezy

Re: What music did you listen to as a teenager?

Post by Skeezy » Sun Jul 29, 8:12 2018

Hands downs three six mafia, hood/ gangster bass music at its finest. Pioneers of mixing heavy bass music, they produced multiple beats on albums with a lot of the heavy thumping bass and catchy songs for many artists and rappers at the time like Ludacris, Lil John, 8 ball & MJG, and many more. Almost every hit record/album from a rapper at the time had a hit single produced by them.

The group split somewhere around 2004-06. Juicy J is probably the most popular to leave the group these days. I used to consider project pat the best of the group with his choice of words andd delivery harmonizing with the melody and awesome storytelling. However recent rap itself realized, you dont really have to be saying anything to sell records and project pats storytelling took a dive. So I still listen to everything from 2006 back to about 95.

The first track I ever heard by the group was Tear da club up 97' which takes the melody from the intro of a popular american soap opera. Glock in my draws uses the Unsolved Mysteries theme. Theyv done it all 007(cant remember the song), back round themes of scarface (chop shop), New old sounding pimp themed melodies etc. Their choices in sampling catchy familiar backround themes or making new orginal music have been varied and brilliant even if it is gangsta.

Most not familiar with the group will remember their songs Stay Fly, Poppin My Collar, or Riding Spinners (the song that started the spinning rims craze back in early 00's) or their songs from the movie Hustle & Flow such as, "Hard out here for a pimp" or "whoop that trick". That soundtrack made them the 1st rap group ever to win an academy award. Well deserved considering their own monicker at the time as the Most Known Unknowns, since most people dont check who produces their favorite songs.