Sad mouth

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Neko

Sad mouth

Post by Neko » Tue Sep 18, 11:06 2018

My teeth are fucked up, y'all.

There are many reasons why. If I can be forgiven for one bout of defensiveness, it isn't from poor hygiene. Even at my worst mental state, I have managed to at least brush my teeth.

But I otherwise ignored problems to the point where I had to have some teeth removed. Since life is better now, I'm trying to fix the things I haven't dealt with. And it's crazy expensive. And I'm healing from oral surgery and need to whine. Also need wine but can't...

Antibiotics suck. Eating without some of my upper molars is upsetting. Brushing is hard now. Did I mention that it's expensive, even with my "very good" dental plan?

On the bright side, I'm not at risk for infection anymore. I also didn't lose front teeth that would have made me feel even more self conscious. And, finally, in the U.S. I'm lucky that I even have dental insurance. Which is another, even more infuriating topic on its own.

:tooth: + :(
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Sonic#

Re: Sad mouth

Post by Sonic# » Tue Sep 18, 12:20 2018

Shit, I'm sorry you're going through that. Tooth pain is the worst, and the systemic problems that come with getting dental insurance also suck. And even though I regularly brush I'm bracing myself for eventually needing more work because I've been terrible about actually going to the dentist. :(

One anecdote - when I was visiting my grandparents as a 4 or 5 year old, my granddad asked me to come over to his chair. He smiled, took out his back teeth, and set them in their case.

I lost it. Ran away and around the kitchen. I came back, he smiled and pointed at them, and I yelled and ran again. I'm sure losing his back teeth was hard on him, but damn if he didn't have fun with it sometimes.

Skeezy

Post by Skeezy » Wed Sep 19, 10:03 2018

Sorry to hear that.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I know I need work done but, 1st I have to finish paying off the work my wife got done a few months back. Gotta pay the dentist and the oral surgeon. Im thinking probably february lol

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Fri Sep 21, 9:15 2018

Sorry Neko. I've seen what you're going through. Spouse just had a tooth pulled and the fever chills were concerning. We celebrated the end of his alcohol disallowance yesterday. Even in the magic faerie land we don't have dental, unless you're pregnant, but I didn't know about that when I could have taken advantage of it.